Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my 10srt auto to the track for the first time sat,could not get it to hook well at all,spun bad after 2nd gear any ideas,need input,will the steelies fit the srt,so i can mount some dr"s on them. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
1,987 Posts
No they will not, I tried. The wheel will clear the rear brakes but the front brakes are larger on the SRT and the wheel will not clear.

·
Registered
91 Posts
So based on his question, "Yes", since there isn't much use for the DR's on the front. Sorry to hear about your problem, (Darn all that power) you didn't mention anything about wheel hop, that's a "problem". Didn't notice, much in the way of mods?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I think he's talking about running skinnies up front with the spare steelies. They will not fit without a spacer.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually i was wanting to mount a set of drag radials on them for when i go to the track,i just thought that this would be the cheapest way to go vs.buying a set of aftermarket forged wheels, car is stock other than a k&n filter,im running the 91 diablo tune,my 60 ft time 2.011 best 1/8 was 7.33 84.22 with alot of wheel spin, i left in the auto shift mode,i tried the manual mode but found out if u dont hit each shift at the right time it bogs ,a little more seat time in it and some traction it should do better,im no beginner at the track,but i am with this electronic tranny so any advice would be apprectiated.thx

·
Registered
245 Posts
actually i was wanting to mount a set of drag radials on them for when i go to the track,i just thought that this would be the cheapest way to go vs.buying a set of aftermarket forged wheels, car is stock other than a k&n filter,im running the 91 diablo tune,my 60 ft time 2.011 best 1/8 was 7.33 84.22 with alot of wheel spin, i left in the auto shift mode,i tried the manual mode but found out if u dont hit each shift at the right time it bogs ,a little more seat time in it and some traction it should do better,im no beginner at the track,but i am with this electronic tranny so any advice would be apprectiated.thx
7.33 1/8?? Maybe 8.33 but definitely not 7.33

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Problem with the Police rims IMO would be the width? 'Not sure how wide they are" But you should consider the Borbet wheel as that is 17x8.5 wide..

Or you can use a Cobra rim 17x9. These are both light weight rims and are pretty cheap.. And if I may also suggest a 275/40/17 Hoosier D/R These are about 25.5"s tall and will actually give you a little more gear ration for the track..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts