Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember looking at the Mustang concept at the auto show and drooling--I wanted that car so bad.

When I finally saw the first photos of the actual production car, it was like, oh...lost in translation.

Due to realities of crash worthiness, body repairs, costs, that sleek show car turned into just an "OK" street car.

I hope Dodge is not teasing us with this lucious body, only to dissapoint us with a real world body that pisses off everyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sure to hell hope not. The challenger is pure sexyness.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I know where you are coming from but I don't think that is going to happen in this case. They have a lot riding on this and quite a bit to prove to Ford and GM.

Not only will it be just like the Concept... it will be BETTER

Postive attitude always helps ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think they will need to add front and rear bumpers? Or will the bumpers be integrated into the body?

·
Banned
91 Posts
I hope it comes with some kind of bumpers based on the original, the front looks a little too slick and show car for me. Also I hope there is a front air dam/splitter of some kind offered. That nose will get awful light at speed the way it is now. If you watch Vanishing Point you will see that that its nose gets high at speed. I would like to see a front air dam and spoiler combo something like on Sam Posey's Trans Am car.

·
Registered
419 Posts
As far as the production car looking like the prototype, based on Chrysler/Dodge's past history, the production vehicle will be very close to the prototype. If any changes are made, I think it will be minor, and probably in the interior more than anywhere else.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Big Country (thanks I am now singing the damn 80's Big Country music) I agree. It will mostly be in the interior. Ford I think screwed with the Shelby too much. So many people are complaining about how it now just looks like a GT. I was considering a Shelby but holding off on what happens with the Challenger.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I know where you are coming from but I don't think that is going to happen in this case. They have a lot riding on this and quite a bit to prove to Ford and GM.

Not only will it be just like the Concept... it will be BETTER

Postive attitude always helps ;)
i dug up this original first post ever back almost 3 years ago !.....and yes the answer is it is better than the concept !

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i dug up this original first post ever back almost 3 years ago !.....and yes the answer is it is better than the concept !
Exactly! the *very* few changes I saw were all improvements:

* No 'flank' Challenger badge
* No separate reverse light bar under the stop lights (placed in middle)
* Rear deck spoiler added
* Chin spoiler added
* Went to mesh grille

It's hard to hit a home run, but I think they did!

http://dodgechallenger.info/wp-content/gallery/pictures/0602_naias_019+2009_dodge_challenger_concept+rear_right_view.jpg

http://image.motortrend.com/f/9229334/112_0712_07z+dodge_challenger_concept+front.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts