Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Dodge with all of the upgrades to the new vehicles seem to be slapping the R/T badge on everything. Chevy made that mistake for years and they stop doing it. I hope Dodge figures this out before they wear out a good thing, it won't mean much when you slap it on a Caravan or a Journey.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Ralph Giles addressed this issue at the Chicago Auto Show. Check out the video on Red Letter Dodge.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I don't think it's really anything to worry about. It's like naming your higher end models something with GT at the end.

They have been doing it for a very, very long time. Heck, for a long time they used "Shelby".

Daytona IROC R/T
Spirit R/T
Stealth R/T

It's Dodge's way of saying GT. I don't understand the concern.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Have to call the performance versions something to differentiate them from the standard vehicles.

R/T works for me..even though my car is a SE.

Just think of R/T as a package..like Chevy's Z28..Z71..etc...You buy an R/T..you know it's got some performance equipment. It's a traditional thing.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can understand it on everything until you put it on a minivan.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was using it as an example because of the way Chevy whored out the SS name bro.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I don't think it's really anything to worry about. It's like naming your higher end models something with GT at the end.

They have been doing it for a very, very long time. Heck, for a long time they used "Shelby".

Daytona IROC R/T
Spirit R/T
Stealth R/T

It's Dodge's way of saying GT. I don't understand the concern.
Yeah, but back then, the "Shelby" engine would have been in that Charger, Omni, Lancer, Daytona, or Shadow.

Now, imagine having a 376 bhp, 5.7L V-8 in that Caravan R/T, Caliber R/T, Journey R/T, Nitro R/T... Nice, Hmmm!!! :browsmiley:

·
Registered
169 Posts
TheOne,

I agree 100% with you. Putting R/T on a Caravan has taken the "R/T" badge to an all time low. Chrysler's marketing department is clueless. They should take some of their clueless marketing employees and have them find a vendor that can make plastic parts that won't warp and crack.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Ram R/T awesome!
Caravan R/T = blasphemy

Many a Dakota R/T has had a few street kills on the Mustang GT of their day. Minivans are not performance oriented. People race trucks all the time. How many minivans did you see running at your last track day?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
spirit rt is as mean as it gets...

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
They should have made a new designation for these new ones. I mean a R/T minivan??? Seriously?

How about name it GT or something. Grand Touring would be much better than road/track.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I noticed that Dodge with all of the upgrades to the new vehicles seem to be slapping the R/T badge on everything. Chevy made that mistake for years and they stop doing it. I hope Dodge figures this out before they wear out a good thing, it won't mean much when you slap it on a Caravan or a Journey.
maybe the caravan R/T man van :scratchhead: will have a shaker hood
we can only hope

1 - 18 of 18 Posts