Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Which Green With Envy is the ACTUAL color that will end up on the car?

• Choice 1 - Dodge Brochure1.jpg

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK - I am going CRAZZZZZYYYY trying to figure out what Green With Envy is really going to look like on the car. I truly am stoked for this color - BUT - it has to look right, or I am going to be severely disappointed. I am 99% ready to pull the trigger on ordering a car in this color - but with Dodge not actually helping consumers out by actually showing us a car painted in this color (imagine that) it has led to over a dozen pictures of "possible" shades, ALL of them different IMHO. Which one will win? Vote here. Maybe it will help my mental state and be fun to see if we were right when the TRUE color is finally revealed.

I am only using those possibilities that are in "official" Dodge materials and I added in the paint can for good measure as I personally "hope" that is the final color. REMEMBER - you are to vote only for the choice that you think the color WILL be, not what you WANT it to be. :)

P.S. - if someone happens to have a REAL painted car in this color, then please share!

JFF

Attachments

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I would say all of the above, as the color looks different in every light. If you have ever noticed a snakeskin green viper you will notice it never looks the same color twice, and this is snakeskin green, just a different name for it being its not a snake.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,819 Posts
I think it will basically be snakeskin green like the can only a little darker after drying. I'm torn about ordering a 392 with it because I prefer the black wheels of the R/T and who knows what the paint will actually look like? If I do order one, I'll go with the IE 392 style wheels. Anyone who is thinking of ordering an R/T want to swap out there wheels with me?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Dude I'm with you. I am the BIGGEST lime green fan on the planet. Green has always been my favourite colour, lime being my favourite shade. I've owned 5 lime Mopars (3 J5 1970 cars, 2 J6 1971 cars). This current game Chrysler is playing is getting ridiculous, you'd think it was Nuclear Secrets to the Russians already...

I'll say the paint can. It's the only hard truth so far. We ran a small magazine once, and trust me, printed material is rarely 'true' to form. Plus, I worked in a body shop, a paint code is a paint code, period, it will never change.

I had a deposit on an SRT 500 in 2008, but had to back out because of a job loss. My wife encouraged me, saying it was probably for the better, because then I can get my favourite colour (lime) when it comes out. Here we are 3 MY's later, and still nada. Would I be disappointed if it's Snakeskin (or variant)? No, not at all. I love most greens. I LOVE the Synergy Green on the Camaro! I personally would prefer, J5 (1970) lime, J6 (1971) Avacado would be OK, I'd even consider F8 Dark Green Metallic. As long as it isn't Mint Green, I'm good to go...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
x2 on going with the color in the paint can. That's actual paint, not a printed picture or a photoshop. To me it looks like the Synergy Green Camaro, lightened by a couple of shades. I'm not a big green fan, but that GWE car is going to look awesome.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Yes GWE is going to blow people away . I have seen it and all i can say is WOW . I loved Sublime on the Chargers but GWE is now my favorite colour ever on a Challenger . I am green with envy to all you who have ordered one

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes GWE is going to blow people away . I have seen it and all i can say is WOW . I loved Sublime on the Chargers but GWE is now my favorite colour ever on a Challenger . I am green with envy to all you who have ordered one
Brampton Builder,

Can you PLEASE share with us which of the five choices it most resembles? Does it look like the paint can ( I hope)???

Please help those of us who really need a visual representation before ordering a $48,000 car. If you want to secretly IM me your opinion or even a picture (hint, hint) I promise to keep quiet until an official reveal later.:bigthumb:

JFF

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I think it will basically be snakeskin green like the can only a little darker after drying. I'm torn about ordering a 392 with it because I prefer the black wheels of the R/T and who knows what the paint will actually look like? If I do order one, I'll go with the IE 392 style wheels. Anyone who is thinking of ordering an R/T want to swap out there wheels with me?
R/T wheels will not clear the calipers on the SRT models. At least this is the case with the R/T classic wheels.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,819 Posts
R/T wheels will not clear the calipers on the SRT models. At least this is the case with the R/T classic wheels.
Damn! I didn't even think of that. Not used to having to worry about clearing the Brembos. :scratchhead:
That statement by Brampton Builder about the GWE blowing us away is VERY encouraging!

·
Registered
329 Posts
They will not lift exact Viper colors for the Challenger. GWE looks like a version of it. And that's just fine with me. But I agree. Why can't we see a Challenger already painted GWE. I got my order in right away and it's been confirmed by the factory so hopefully things will be movimg along. Even the paint can which by all standards was shown before GWE was even offered, so is it accurate?

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I would say all of the above, as the color looks different in every light. If you have ever noticed a snakeskin green viper you will notice it never looks the same color twice, and this is snakeskin green, just a different name for it being its not a snake.

What he said. Just look at the FF cars. Pearl metallics look different in every light. It will look good but please Dodge no dark green Challengers.:fight:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i chose the website photo since it looked like what i WANT it to look like...

though it may make me regret the White IE i chose....i always wanted Sublime

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
REMEMBER - you are to vote only for the choice that you think the color WILL be, not what you WANT it to be.
Well I guess I can't vote then, because I WANT it to be Sublime. :(

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I LOVE the Synergy Green on the Camaro!
Gotta agree there. I'm not even a real fan of green, but the Camaro actually looks good in that color (as good as a Camaro can look anyway). :laugh:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wild Guesses

That link only adds to the confusion. And none of those are "official" representations from Dodge, just wild guesses. But thanks for sharing.

Hopefully Dodge gets that act together SOON and gives us a painted car!

Thanks to everyone's input so far and your votes. Keep em coming!

JFF

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's a shame that the color is only available on the SRT8. I had a vision of an R/T with the strobe stripe, 'go wing' and T/A style hood. OOOH, am I green with envy!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,819 Posts
1 - 20 of 85 Posts