Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger R/T
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2017 Challenger R/T with the two outer vents on the hood. I want to go ahead and install the single hood found on the Scat Pack and now the 2020 GT & R/T Challenger. Will these fit my 17' R/T?

Also, I have found a few online that are fiberglass reinforced, does anyone have any experience with this material? Is it worth purchasing? I understand this will make the car lighter but I also do not want my challenger looking funky.

Thank you in advance!馃榿

20200730_174650.jpg

Registered
Any hood from any year Challenger is interchangeable. I literally just lurched the Hood you are talking about from Steve White to put on my 13 R/T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Hello everyone,

I have a 2017 Challenger R/T with the two outer vents on the hood. I want to go ahead and install the single hood found on the Scat Pack and now the 2020 GT & R/T Challenger. Will these fit my 17' R/T?

Also, I have found a few online that are fiberglass reinforced, does anyone have any experience with this material? Is it worth purchasing? I understand this will make the car lighter but I also do not want my challenger looking funky.

Thank you in advance!
Yes any hoods that were made 2015+ models are interchangeable between 2015-2020
A Scat pack hood with the hood extractors will fit any model or trim from 2015-2020
A GT single center hood will fit any challenger of any trim from 2015-2020
Any Hellcat hood and demon hood that was made for a 2015+ will fit any challenger trim from 2015-2020

As far after markets hood that are fiberglass are cheaper versus a oem stock the only thing is that they may or may not require more intensive labor to prep the hood, in fiberglass you may get waves and pits that need to corrected, in some occasions you may have to fiddle with it to align properly

Again you may or may it will depend who are you getting it from, those aftermarket hoods are made in molds, and the more the mold is use the more It deteriorates hence a Lower quality hood, I seen some manufacturers squeeze as much as they can out of the molds and if you get that lucky hood that was made towards the end of the life of the mold you it will require a lot more prep work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
All years hoods 2008-2020 will fit. If you get a fiberglass hood, hood pins are also suggested

A Guy

Reactions: Ramosderek

Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
Other than the ones with holes in the middle (I couldn't resist), one other change is windshield washer nozzles, but you can always swap to the older through hood style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts