Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it is built will they build a convertible, and does anyone have any insight on price range?

·
Registered
1 Posts
if they build a convertible i'm buying one. last time i tried this in 1971 the dealer would not order hemi challenger convertible unless i paid cash, was afraid he might get stuck with car and could not sell it. hope they have hemi orange with white top like my 71 would have been.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If they really want to go after mustang sales they should. I wouldn't buy one though. I'd be freaking out every second that someone is stealing my car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would buy one, I wish my 70 convertible was a Hemi. If they build it my 09 convertible will be:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd buy one. I'd guess it will be about $3000 - $5000 more, that's the average. I think the Crossfire convertible option is $10,000 though! I'd imagine the Challenger won't be so expensive though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
DrDeath said:
I would prefer a retractable, but the top is going to have to go down in order to get me to buy .
Ditto. I was disappointed they never built the rumored 300C convertible, but
a lighter, smaller Challenger convertible would be even better, even if
structural concerns (i.e. bending the frame/body just ahead of the rear wheels due to rear wheel torque) would limit it to the smallest V8 or
largest V6.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: Will they build a convertible?

IMHO, a two-door convertible with sleek body lines; i.e., the new generation Dodge 'Challenger' will certainly be more visually appealing than a four-door '300C' version. :)

Trust me, Ive seen an example of this '300C' convertible 'in person', and it's certainly 'not my cup of tea!' :rolleyes:

Now, if the '300C' convertible would only be reconfigured into this exquisite concept model (the '300 HEMI-C'), then I just might reconsider the entire idea all together. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
41husk said:
If it is built will they build a convertible, and does anyone have any insight on price range?
I think the convertible will depend on how popular the car becomes and how many units they sell. I dont see this car being a failure tho, so I think a convertible version is inevitible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Will they build a convertible?

Mr.DJ said:
IMHO, a two-door convertible with sleek body lines; i.e., the new generation Dodge 'Challenger' will certainly be more visually appealing than a four-door '300C' version. :)

Now, if the '300C' convertible would only be reconfigured into this exquisite concept model (the '300 HEMI-C'), then I just might reconsider the entire idea all together. :cool:

Yeah, some of the aftermarket 300C convertibles are pretty bad, but there
was one two door example I saw online that I would have bought in a
heartbeat. Don't remember if its real or Photoshop, but it's beautiful imho.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
The 4 door convertible is butt ugly... as in, fat hairy man butt ugly. :( That 300 HEMI-C concept looks REALLY nice though. Got a shot of it from up front?

I also like that custom 300 2 door Cabrio... it has a very dignified style to it... probably at least $60k after all the mods though.

Out of all the pics on this page though, I'd take the '70 Challenger... even with the ugly blue. :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
JET said:
Ditto. I was disappointed they never built the rumored 300C convertible, but
a lighter, smaller Challenger convertible would be even better, even if
structural concerns (i.e. bending the frame/body just ahead of the rear wheels due to rear wheel torque) would limit it to the smallest V8 or
largest V6.
Uhhh well if a 1970 Cuda could withstand the 500+ lb/ft of a 426 Hemi, I think a modern convertible could be engineered to withstand the ~425 lb/ft of the 6.1L.

Convertible is the way to go. I'd never buy a retractable hardtop, too expensive, complicated, clumsy, and you lose all your storage space. They're not really any quieter or better insulated than any modern convertible. I hope this retractable hardtop fad is short lived (unless they make great strides in the engineering behind them). The new Sebring will have an available retractable hardtop, so I'm told. That will be interesting to see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dutch said:
Uhhh well if a 1970 Cuda could withstand the 500+ lb/ft of a 426 Hemi, I think a modern convertible could be engineered to withstand the ~425 lb/ft of the 6.1L.

That may be, but there were comparatively few if any Hemi convertibles
built in the 70's, and they only had something like stock G70-15 tires to
provide traction (not very much) most of the 500 ft/lbs turning into
smoke. With modern street rubber thats stickier and wider than 70's race
rubber, and car's being engineered lighter, it'll take a lot of reinforcing in
that area to meet warranty specs with a Hemi. Might not be worth the
headache to Chrysler.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts