Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Will you pay 'Dealer Mark-up' (Marketing Allowance)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Re: Will you buy????

If production starts soon and the plan is to roll out 2008 models midway through the 2007 calendar year, I could wait until late in '07 to purchase it. I doubt the prices would be affected too much since it will be in such high demand but it will be nice to have a little more money in the bank when it is time to get it. Plus I'd like to see some of the modifications people start doing so I can get a feeling on what works and what doesn't.

·
Registered
712 Posts

See, that's one of the biggest reasons I hope DCX doesn't make this a limited-edition car, even if it is in the first year. Make this a limited-edition SRT-8 6-speed only and watch dealers gouge the holy hell out of them (you KNOW it's gonna happen, if you don't think it will you're seriously living in Fantasyland).

And if that's the case, looks like I'll be waiting till around 2009 or so :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts

I would love to be the first in Enid Oklahoma driving a new Dodge Challenger. I would drive around the state and others on road trips talking it up. My desire for that though won’t let me pay some dealer mark up when I know about new car depreciation, that the mark up will be most likely gone in twelve months. It is also smart common knowledge to wait a year after a new model is introduced before buying, to let the manufacture work out any issues. So why should I an average working Joe pay some mark up?

I expect the dealer to earn a profit, I expect the salesperson to earn a commission, and I expect a fair deal for a car I desire. If not I have options, I could wait a year or three while enjoying my ’95 XR-7, buy a used “new” Challenger, a Mustang, a GTO, or a new Camaro.

·
Registered
598 Posts

allhemi said:
I have got to know this.......Will you buy the challenger with a ''Rape'' Charge?
:eek:ABSOLUTELY NOT Brother!!!:eek: ....I'd rather get the Shelby GT500(as I know a Dealer friend personally who will sell to me for msrp)....Done Deal!;) :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts

I would probably wait for an SRT-8 version of it. If it ends up anything like the charger, the SRT-8 will end up being a while in coming anyways. Most of the early mark-ups on the charger seemed to be for the first batch of R/T's and Daytonas, and even those didn't seem to spike for long. First SRT-8 charger I saw on the show room floor (mid Jan) was selling for MSRP, no mark-up at all. Hopefully this will hold true for the Challenger as well. (Although I'm not buying if the 6-speed manual is not offered)

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

I'm waiting for the SRT-8 version. Plus I gotta graduate first.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
107 Posts

I didn't when I was looking at the Daytona, and I'm sure as hell not going to for this car.

Unless they offer "reach arounds." :rolleyes: :eek: :D ;) ;) :p

·
Registered
58 Posts

Easy answer here, NEVER!!!!

I have bought 5 new cars since 1992 (one Plymouth ('92 1/2 Duster) and 4 Honda's (all Civic's)) and I have always paid less than MSRP and WILL continue to do so. I have always viewed the MSRP as the starting point.

ScottyJ :cool:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yankee said:
See, that's one of the biggest reasons I hope DCX doesn't make this a limited-edition car, even if it is in the first year. Make this a limited-edition SRT-8 6-speed only and watch dealers gouge the holy hell out of them (you KNOW it's gonna happen, if you don't think it will you're seriously living in Fantasyland).

And if that's the case, looks like I'll be waiting till around 2009 or so :mad:

Thats why I say making this car limited edition will kill it.....You got to make it for the masses to make any money.

·
Registered
598 Posts

allhemi said:
Thats why I say making this car limited edition will kill it.....You got to make it for the masses to make any money.
Agreed!...and you better make it quick,...there is a change a-comin' ;) in the air,...I can sense it!:eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts

I guess I really can't answer that without taking it out for a spin. Just like marriage, you don't know if you want to take the plunge unless you try it out first!!!!;) It's gotta be worth it.

·
Registered
598 Posts

bad2cudagirl said:
I guess I really can't answer that without taking it out for a spin. Just like marriage, you don't know if you want to take the plunge unless you try it out first!!!!;) It's gotta be worth it.
Amen b2cg!! I know the feeling!;)

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts

bad2cudagirl said:
Funny 'cause I've wanted this car for so long, say like when the Viper became real, I'm buying with out driving. I'm normally too practical to ever do something like that...but I have Challenger blood in my veins (E-Type) this is passion. Since I'm no whiney softy magazine writer there is no way the Challenger as presented will disappoint.

·
Registered
141 Posts

2007HemiCuda said:
Funny 'cause I've wanted this car for so long, say like when the Viper became real, I'm buying with out driving. I'm normally too practical to ever do something like that...but I have Challenger blood in my veins (E-Type) this is passion. Since I'm no whiney softy magazine writer there is no way the Challenger as presented will disappoint.
That's IF they put it out there as it looks now. I'm praying but I still won't say for sure until I get one in my hands!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts

If working in the IT field has taught me ANYTHING, it's never buy the first version of anything...let them work out the bugs. As bad as I want this car, and as sure as I am going to get it, I'm forcing myself to wait until the sophmore edition comes out. Plus that will give me extra time to save up more of a down....that or cover the gas guzzler tax! :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts