Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice excessive wind noise? At first I thought passenger window may have been open...but it wasn't. Sounds like over windshield.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have also noticed this, got progressively worse over time.
interesting!
wonder if it's a side window leak or just the aerodynamic design (or lack thereof)???

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? That might be misadjusted?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have noticed this a few times. It seems to happen when I am driving on a highway so I am going at a good speed (60 +) and there is a good wind outside. It is brief and happens on either of the side windows. I dont think it is a huge deal, it rarely ever occurs. The first time it happened though it freaked me out.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
428 Posts
I've gotten some bad wind noise when I'm traveling over 70mph AND there's a particularly strong crosswind (which is often over here in Hawaii). It seems to be emanating from the gap between the hood and quarter panel near the windshield. I do not have a sunroof.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have noticed this a few times. It seems to happen when I am driving on a highway so I am going at a good speed (60 +) and there is a good wind outside. It is brief and happens on either of the side windows. I dont think it is a huge deal, it rarely ever occurs. The first time it happened though it freaked me out.
Guess I'll just use the "turn up the radio" fix:)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I think its our grill or vents...I get that air tunnel sound whenever I go down a hill here, every time I get it and it always sounds so weird, just seems to be the way the air gos into the grill at specific velocity and blah blah, right after I finish the down-hill bit it stops. It's never made it on the Highway though, only howl was my crappy Super F1's!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone notice excessive wind noise? At first I thought passenger window may have been open...but it wasn't. Sounds like over windshield.

I do have the same issue!
Only passenger side at speeds 60+.

Any solutions out there?

And yes..I do not have a sunroof :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
'09 R/T. I have the same issue. It comes from the rear passenger side. Sounds like a window is partially down. No sunroof. It is fairly consistent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts