Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day that the gap between the back of the door window and the rear side glass is inconsistent. On the drivers side it’s a little more than a quarter inch at the top and narrows down to a little less than an eighth of an inch at the bottom. On the passenger side its about a quarter inch the whole way (give or take a tiny amount). The weather stripping on both sides looks a bit wrinkled/worn. Both windows roll up and down with no problems. The only issue I have is I get a LOUD wind whistle on the passenger side when I get into really heavy wind, so rarely. It’s a 2016 with about 45k miles, got it used from a dealer but supposedly only had one previous owner, paint is in good shape so I’m assuming kept in a garage but could be wrong. Can anyone tell me what the window gap should be? Do I need to adjust mine? Maybe replace weather stripping? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I noticed the other day that the gap between the back of the door window and the rear side glass is inconsistent. On the drivers side it’s a little more than a quarter inch at the top and narrows down to a little less than an eighth of an inch at the bottom. On the passenger side its about a quarter inch the whole way (give or take a tiny amount). The weather stripping on both sides looks a bit wrinkled/worn. Both windows roll up and down with no problems. The only issue I have is I get a LOUD wind whistle on the passenger side when I get into really heavy wind, so rarely. It’s a 2016 with about 45k miles, got it used from a dealer but supposedly only had one previous owner, paint is in good shape so I’m assuming kept in a garage but could be wrong. Can anyone tell me what the window gap should be? Do I need to adjust mine? Maybe replace weather stripping? Thanks.
Per the service manual for my 2017 which I'm assuming should be the same for your year,
The gap between the window and the quarter glass should be 6.0 mm +/- 2.00 mm and be parallel within 2.0 mm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts