Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought pre-owned 2013 SXT about a month ago and just noticed the driver's window going up and down that 1/4 inch all by itself every 10 seconds or so (seems possessed). It is the same motion it makes when you open the door handle and the window goes down a bit to allow it to break the seal and open safely. I have no idea why this keeps happening and I am worried about damage to window motor, seal, and battery. I would keep the window cracked a bit but it is raining.

Help, any ides?

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Your door switch might be faulty. Do you get any door open alarms going on sporadically. That function is to not put too much stress on the window when you close the door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I get no other door or window issues. It only happens when the car is completely off. It doesn't happen when the car is on. There are no other issues. It acts like I am opening the door with the handle but of course I am not.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Seems like my 14 RT was doing that at one time, check out the black plastic headliner support right above the window. Mine was a little loose and I pushed it back up in tight and the problem resolved itself. Seemed as if with the headliner support dangling loose a bit the window didn't know whether it was fully up at times and tried to rest itself as if someone just opened and closed the doors.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Let us know if HDCowboy's suggestion works for you, dgelfuso. If it doesn't, is your vehicle still under the factory warranty (3 years/36,000 miles)? If so, I would recommend bringing your vehicle to the dealership to have them take a look at this concern. If you decide to do this and would like assistance scheduling an appointment, feel free to reach out to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let us know if HDCowboy's suggestion works for you, dgelfuso. If it doesn't, is your vehicle still under the factory warranty (3 years/36,000 miles)? If so, I would recommend bringing your vehicle to the dealership to have them take a look at this concern. If you decide to do this and would like assistance scheduling an appointment, feel free to reach out to me.
Unfortunately that suggestion didn't help.

It is not under warranty, but I did purchase it from a Toyota dealer which included a 120 day warranty so that is where I am going now.

Stay tuned and I promise to report back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 challenger I recently just had a Viper Remote starter installed.I went outside yesterday and my battery was down because my driver side window keeps going up and down as if I'm closing my door. Has anyone experienced this and no how to fix the problem

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Typically it's the latch mechanism on the rear edge of the door that grabs onto u-shaped striker. It tells the computer when the door is closed so the window goes up that last quarter inch.

I've had both sides replaced on my 2011, the driver side when the car was about 2 years old and the pass side this past summer. I replaced the pass side myself. The latch cost about $110 from the dealer. It was pretty easy, you do have to take the door panel off. But once you have the replacement in hand it's pretty obvious what you need to do.

Thanks,
ken

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
same issue i’m having so dealership sounds like best option
Hi Blanco, We sincerely regret to hear of your trouble. However, we are glad to hear that you are working with your dealer on this. Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we are just a PM away.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car has not ever gave me any problems, then about 2 months ago someone slammed me really good on the freeway and took out the whole right side Front quarter panel which affected the whole front of the car . 14k in repairs but since I got back both windows are doing this and my rear shocks seem to have making a god awful noise when it hits any little bump. Not sure about that one yet I have to pull apart first to see if I’m right. Any thoughts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,580 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) It's usually the latch assembly

A Guy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts