Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
2012 challenger srt8. The drop down feature on the driverside window has went haywire. It will go up down up down for a minute or two and then i can here a ticking in the door. It will do this two or three times before it stops. Sometimes it will even do it while I am driving down the road. Also my auto door locks do not always lock at 20 mph like they are suppose too. Sometimes it takes 10 to 15 minutes of driving for them to lock. Any suggestions or information on what could be wrong would be awesome!!!
Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Have you done ANYTHING recently to your car, Mod or Electrically add ons?

Just throwing darts but it could be a ground problem, also see if you can manually calibrate your Drivers window auto up/down positions. Do this by the following:>

Key On:
NOTE: The door must be completely closed when starting this step. 1. Sit in the driver seat and close the door. 2. Lower the window part of the way down. 3. Run the window to the full up position and continue to hold the switch for an additional two seconds. 4. Run the window to the full down position and continue to hold the switch for an additional two seconds. 5. Raise the window to the full up position. 6. Open the door while observing the window.

Your under the 3/36 maybe a visit to the Dealer?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I have not done any mods. I will give your recomendations a try. Thanks. Yeah will probably end up taking it to the dealer but just wanted to see if I could get some info from other challenger owners before I do. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
NP the auto lock concern has me worried it not just a calibration issue, let us know what fixes it if you can.
More than likely a electrical issue with the drivers door module or wires.

Good Luck

·
Registered
679 Posts
Its the smart switch on the door lock assembly. Its only available with the lock. They just did mine before I went out of warranty. It will run your battery down as quick as overnight even if the window is down. The switch is constantly waking up the can buss and waking up the whole car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help guys!!! I will just have to take it in. I will make sure and let ya'll know what the fix was for the auto door lock. Again, thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts