Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed a vertical scratch down the entire length of the driver's side window. Before I plunk down my money to have the tint re-done has anyone experienced a similar scratch? I have NO idea how the scratch happended...:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have one down the inside of my passenger side window that cut right through the tint. From the looks of it I'm guessing there is a window tracking mechanism in the door that is adjusted too tightly. I'm going to talk to my tint guy about it and see what can be done. In the end I'll probably pay him to redo that one window since it probably isn't his fault.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I too have a scratch on the pass. side. It is not noiticeable from the outside so I am leaving it alone. The scratch is not noticed by pass. since it is 4 inches from door edge, just outside side vision.

Unfortunately this is a common problem. Some have had the job redone and had even more scratches.

Your right, this is inside the door, but to me not worth the time right now unless I have a reason to go in there .

Good luck

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
There's been a couple of threads on this, and seems like at least a few people have had this. The OP's case here is the first I've heard on the drivers side. I had the issue with my passenger side. I took it back to my dealer (they installed the window tint at delivery) and they looked to see what caused it, and said there was debris embedded in the weather stripping, so they cleaned it out. They also replaced the tint n/c.

·
Banned
197 Posts
I have a couple of minor vertical scratches but do not have window tint. I have never had windows scratch this easily (windshield too). Whatever.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone. I'm going to pop off the door panel and inspect it. I met with my window tint guy this morning and he's going to replace it for only $40 which is much appreciated givent the quality of the film installed. FYI - He told me that the Challenger uses a "felt" gasket which is better than most vehicles that use a "rubber" gasket. When I first noticed it I thought it was a sipider web on the outside ...that would of been cheaper, hahahaha

Question: If I didn't have tint on my driver's side window would I be driving wth a scratched window?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts