Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where in Washington State can I get Window Tint for my SRT8, at 20% film? Everytime I email different places they don't reply, or say that they can only go as low as 35%. My prior used car car was 20%, and I see 20% all the time. Is it some Secret Squirrel process?

Thanks!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sounds like your state law is 35% which is why the shops are telling you. However that doesnt mean they wont DO 20% for you! Its your ticket if some hardass pulls you over. I did 35 on the fronts and 20 on the back side and rear windshield. Looks great

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'd like. 35 Front, and 20 on sides/back. Do I just say that's what I want? lol. Asking them via email makes it seem like they are not willing.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Where in WA are you located? If you are anywhere near PDX let me know. The tint shop I used is quality......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone in WA have 20% on the sides of your Challenger? If so, where did you go to get it done? I'd hate to try myself and have a half ass job.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger Core
18 Posts
You have to just show up. They are not going to reply to you over the phone or internet that they are doing something illegal. They have it in stock because they use it to do back windows.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Just go in. I have 20% which is technically illegal in SC but they really don't enforce too many laws here...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Yep, they won't quote you an illegal tint job over the phone or internet. Show up and wink, wink, you'll get it I bet.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Place I went to, I wanted to do 35%, but they convinced me to go 20%... Illegal in NYC, but cops don't hassle me (Veteran Plates and still serve in the guard)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts