Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to go and get my windows tinted and want to a y'all's advice. What do I need to look for what's a good brand? Does metallic really interfere with gps, xm radio? Is ceramic worth it. Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I'm going to go and get my windows tinted and want to a y'all's advice. What do I need to look for what's a good brand? Does metallic really interfere with gps, xm radio? Is ceramic worth it. Thanks for the advice.
Here in Florida it's a must ,, for my Challenger I had the best our shop offered,
And we added the strip across the wind shield. I went dark as legal here in FL
having a sublime challenger I do not need to give the Po Po any more reasons to pull me over ,,lol
Never had a problem with my gps or radio from tint in any car

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
the AM / FM radio antenna is part of the rear defogger grid - metallic tint will degrade radio reception. The Sat would probably be in the roof antenna and might not be affected by it.

Know of a few folks that did this on vehicles with that type of antenna and had those issues.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,899 Posts
I had SunTek CXP Window Tint installed 45% Side, 18% Back. It's ceramic, great UV and heat rejection. Lifetime limited warranty against peeling, cracking, adhesive failure, delamination and color fading.

A Guy

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I went with 15% Llumar ceramic, mostly because that's what the place had LOL I would spring for the extra $$$ for the ceramic, you should be good with any top brand. Like Houston, the sun here in ABQ seems to have extra cooking power. Gotta have tint! Everyone rolls below the 30% minimum here, even the police.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts