Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set up an appointment to get my windows tinted on my 2017 Challenger and they tell me it's gonna cost $30 more than their regular price. They said they have to use a special film because of the Bluetooth and navigation!! Has anybody else heard of this cause I haven't.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nope, i got the standard tint on my 2017. No issues!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: expxlt01

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts
Non ceramic tint can cause reception issues, but I don't know it is a must. It is a superior product though. Assuming that was why. A Guy

Reactions: expxlt01

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I just got a quote from the only shop near me. $300.00 for the standard tint and $400.00 for the ceramic. I'll wait until this fall/winter when I'm in SC where there are tint shops on every corner.

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
I just got a quote from the only shop near me. $300.00 for the standard tint and $400.00 for the ceramic. I'll wait until this fall/winter when I'm in SC where there are tint shops on every corner.
I just had my side windows done in ceramic. Looks weren't my main reason for doing this. I wanted the most heat rejection and UV protection I could get. It cost me $220. He was pushing me to have the back window done too, but I have louvers on the rear window, so I saw no need. In any event, he said if I change my mind about having the rear window done, he'll do it for $80. So that would be $300 total.

So your quote seems a bit high.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts
I pair $325 for 45% SunTek CXP sides, and 18% SunTek CXP Rear

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Ishdon'tthinkso.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'll wait until this fall/winter when I'm in SC where there are tint shops on every corner.
I don't know the weather in SC, but I would not want to get windows tinted in the fall or winter. On my car from years ago, it developed a bubble a few months later because it perhaps didn't try well. Yes, they use a heat gun, but still.. The tint shop was the best in the city (and past experiences). So maybe it was just that guy. Maybe it was the cold weather. Just my take.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I don't know the weather in SC, but I would not want to get windows tinted in the fall or winter. On my car from years ago, it developed a bubble a few months later because it perhaps didn't try well. Yes, they use a heat gun, but still.. The tint shop was the best in the city (and past experiences). So maybe it was just that guy. Maybe it was the cold weather. Just my take.
There are plenty of 60° - 70° days where we're at so that shouldn't be a problem. I appreciate the comment as I'd never have considered that as a possible problem. I found a shop near us with the owner having 45 years in the business. I've asked for a quote. We'll see what happens.

I had a neighbor in SC that just had her Kia windows tinted. The guy came out and did the job in the condo parking lot for $100.00. I hope it holds up; but, I'm NOT calling him.:nono:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts