Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When tinting windows, what tint % do most use, and do you guys get both windows, both sides, and the rear all done? I just got a quote from my local detailer for $179 + tax. That don't sound bad???

·
Registered
35 Posts
When tinting windows, what tint % do most use, and do you guys get both windows, both sides, and the rear all done? I just got a quote from my local detailer for $179 + tax. That don't sound bad???
I did 35% on sides and back which is legal in NC. I got ceramic tint with installation at $220. It'll depend on the type of tint you get and the quality of install.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx. I got 2 tint shops locally. One was $169 and booked til end of Dec, the other was $179 and asked if I wanted it done next week. Lol

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I did 35% on sides and back which is legal in NC. I got ceramic tint with installation at $220. It'll depend on the type of tint you get and the quality of install.
WOW!!! Where at, if I may ask. I'm in SC 30 miles south of Myrtle Beach and got a quote of $369 for (3M I think) ceramic tint. If it's anywhere near the state line, it may well be worth the trip for me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
WOW!!! Where at, if I may ask. I'm in SC 30 miles south of Myrtle Beach and got a quote of $369 for (3M I think) ceramic tint. If it's anywhere near the state line, it may well be worth the trip for me.
The guy who owns the shop is a family member. got a bit of a deal but i think he is still around 280.

1st Choice Window tinting, Thomasville, NC
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
That sounds too low for top end tint material and quality install. What film do they use? Does the shop have good reviews? I got front sides and back done at 35% (legal).
Here's what I paid and the film.
Tint Xpel XR Nanoceramic (85% heat
rejection)
1 $329.00 $329.00
Utilizing a nano-ceramic construction, PRIME XR maintains the same flawless appearance and clarity
throughout the years. Blocking up to 88% infrared heat rejection, PRIME XR will provide you with the level of
performance you expect from a top-of-the line film without breaking the bank.

Reactions: Superdog

·
Registered
35 Posts
Was this one ironically your second choice? :unsure:
HA .. nah, not a 2nd thought. Top notch work and I would recommend ceramic to anyone looking. Huge difference in heat reduction inside vehicle.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The place that charged $169+ was the place I got my F150 done 4yrs ago. It's been awesome. I'll get a couple more quotes from a larger city 29 miles away. If it's 50% higher, I'll reconsider maybe? Isn't it crazy how a good deal makes ya paranoid these days? Lol smh....

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
The place that charged $169+ was the place I got my F150 done 4yrs ago. It's been awesome. I'll get a couple more quotes from a larger city 29 miles away. If it's 50% higher, I'll reconsider maybe? Isn't it crazy how a good deal makes ya paranoid these days? Lol smh....
The saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Goes back a long way That's why you have to do your homework.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The guy who owns the shop is a family member. got a bit of a deal but i think he is still around 280.

1st Choice Window tinting, Thomasville, NC
View attachment 1033387
This is exactly what I have been looking for, a great recommendation. Thanks Brian392 !

The guys I used to go to in Charlotte went out of business, the owner died or something, and I have held off on letting anyone mess with the Challenger. I saw a couple places in West Virginia they looked reputable, but never committed.
Thomasville is way closer than Charlotte.
Now with this discussion I know what to ask for. Once I find out what is 'legal' in Virginia. I am sure it will be a relatively low asinine number making it not worth to have done.

thanks guys, I sure do appreciate it,
parrott

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is exactly what I have been looking for, a great recommendation. Thanks Brian392 !

The guys I used to go to in Charlotte went out of business, the owner died or something, and I have held off on letting anyone mess with the Challenger. I saw a couple places in West Virginia they looked reputable, but never committed.
Now with this discussion I know what to ask for. Once I find out what is 'legal' in Virginia. I am sure it will be a relatively low asinine number making it not worth to have done.

parrott
No problem. Good luck

·
Registered
35 Posts

parrott
You can also check out these guys in High Point, They did my Ceramic Coating. Super high-end shop.
Shine Shop Automotive - Home | Facebook

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If your talking about shade, I'll decide when I get there and look at samples. Lady on phone said most go with one shade darker than legal, never heard about anybody having problems. Idk?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts