Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Here's the artwork on my passenger window that started to show 3 weeks after new. :thumbsup: Pic just shows the heavier ones...there's a ton of finer ones from top to bottom. There are a few towards the front of the door but they are just an inch or two, but start at the very top of the window. I purchased the car and it had to be brought into the dealer from another dealer. Tint was originally done at non-purchasing dealer.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Took the car in to the dealer today and they are going to take the panels off, check for any mechanical problems, and order replacement parts as needed. So far they are doing it under warranty even though the door glass is not actually scratched (yet) just the tint film.

Should have it back tomorrow.

On a side note, the tech disabled the headlight on feature when unlocking the car using the remote. No charge. Would normally have cost me close to a hundred bucks to have it done.

So far the dealer has been great to work with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I feel your pain. I picked up my Chally in October and had the windows tinted the next day. I waited the required 3 days before opening the windows and thought all should be good. On the 4th day I was leaving work and a co-worker ran out so I opened up my passenger side window to talk with him, when I rolled up the window all I saw were 4 deep scratches similar to what you described from top to bottom. I contacted the dealer and they examined the dust strip and said something must be defective so they ordered a new strip and installed it about a week later.
After installing it I had the passenger side window re-tinted at the dealers expense and thought all was well.

Unfortunately, I just noticed 2 more deep scratches on the same exact friggin window. We have had a ton of high winds over the last several months but after having my Charger for 2 years with the same window tint in the same location I never had any issues. I honestly believe that due to the type of window sealing the Chally uses they must have very close tollerances between the dust strip and the window that make it easy to scratch. I will call the dealer again today since re-tinting the window is going to become an expensive task if I have to do it every couple months.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Took the car in to the dealer today and they are going to take the panels off, check for any mechanical problems, and order replacement parts as needed. So far they are doing it under warranty even though the door glass is not actually scratched (yet) just the tint film.

Should have it back tomorrow.

On a side note, the tech disabled the headlight on feature when unlocking the car using the remote. No charge. Would normally have cost me close to a hundred bucks to have it done.

So far the dealer has been great to work with.

Update: I have an appointment on Thursday...the Service Manager said no problem, he would replace both dust strips again and pay to have the windows re-tinted....again...This is great but I sure do not want to have to do this every several months!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just had my tint done yesterday and I already notice some bubbles on the bottom of the driver window near the felt strip. The scratches I don't know about yet since I have to wait a couple of days until I can roll down the windows. If the bubbles are there by Tuesday, I'll just take it back so they can re-tint the driver side window. I don't think it's a big problem. The passenger door doesn't have anything. We'll see what happens after it dries. I hope everything turns out well for you. Keep us posted.
I just had mine tinted, they told me bubbles were common for up to a month.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts