Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal, I get into my car tonight to leave work and I noticed the driver's side window was lower than normal when I closed the door.

I attempt to roll it up but nothing happens...it doesn't move at all. So I tried to lower the window and again nothing happens. By this time, I figured I would get the car home then look into it more. Well, on the way home the driver's side window lowers on its own a couple of inches....a few minutes later it lowers even more on its own until finally it's inside the door.

I then notice that I can't even roll down the passenger's window at all. It won't budge. And to top it off, my inside door lock button isn't working either...

I figured this would be the same as the sunroof issue I had almost two years ago. I let the car sit for a few hours and then it worked fined but....

It's been 5 hours now and I still have now power to the windows. I did get the power back to the inside door locks...Also, I saw the calibration thread on frozen windows so I even tried that but still no luck. (For the record, I'm in Cali, temps in the high 50's and just lots of rain, not really cold weather to freeze a window)

Any advice on how the get the windows working again? Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am in Northern California. I had a similar problem two weeks ago. My driver's side window would raise to the top, but would only lower about 2 to 3 inches. I read about a "reset" fix somewhere (maybe here), and tried that, but it did not work (the suggested fix was to turn ignition to on position, push window switch to "down" position for 5 seconds, then to "up" position for 5 seconds, turn off ignition, then restart car.).

So - I called the dealer, asked for a tech, and was told it was a computer reset which needed to be done there at the dealer. I went to the dealer, and waited about 2 hours. The mechanic came out after that, and told me he had fixed the issue in about 1 minute. He also told me that if it ever happened again, to perform exactly the same process I outlined above -EXCEPT to hold the switch in each position for 30 seconds. He said this action resets the power window circuit to a default setting, and was all he did to correct the problem.

I was a bit upset that the waiting time was two hours, but grateful for the information from the mechanic - it is unfortunate I didn't talk to that particular mechanic when I first called - as it would have saved me a couple of hours! No problems since that time.

Give it a try - it's worth a shot, anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts