Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just had tinting put on the windows of my 2010 Challenger. Problem is, the windows will auto open and close a tad whenever I open and close the car doors. This meant that the window tint wasn’t able to dry in place for a couple of days before you are supposed to roll down your windows. Because of that darned feature where the windows will automatically lower a little when you open and then close the door, the tint job got ruined.
They said to bring it back and they’d try again. But, the replacement tint will get ruined just the same. Does anyone know how to disable this feature on the windows so that I can get a good tinting job done????

Thanks!

·
Banned
675 Posts
If you take it to a creditable tint place they'd have knowledge about this. Many luxury cars have been doing the auto window roll down for years now, it helps the doors seal.

The installer should apply extra heat to the top part of the window tint, this will keep it from messing up.

I've had two challengers both with window tint installed by the same place, never had an issue

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
x2 - I also am on my second challenger.. had both cars tinted and not a single problem with either one... Sounds to me like poor installation or lack of knowledge.

Mike

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....inexperienced and/or lazy installers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I got my windows tinted, they used a heat gun on the opposite side of the glass from where they were putting the tint so that it would dry significantly from the start to prevent this. The tint place should know this or know another way around it.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Agree...any reputable tint shop should be able to account for this. Many Challenger owners have had their windows tinted without issue, you just need to find a better shop.

FYI...if that feature was disabled, then the door wouldn't close correctly because the window would hit on the seal - which could cause tint damage at the top of the window, not to mention other problems. So even if you could disable it, you wouldn't want to.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Same as above. The shop I went to said they deal with this all the time and not a
problem. They were right, I didn't have problem with mine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts