Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try it? According to owners manual, you can lower windows by pressing & releasing unlock button on key fob, then immediately press & hold unlock.
Doesn't seem to work for me.

·
Banned
675 Posts
it works for me, you have to hit unlock twice real fast and on the 2nd time hold it down until the windows go down

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I found you need to be within 20 feet to the car. You are doing it right. Have the remote clear of any interference ie pockets, jacket, plants and so on.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
When warm weather is here (like now), I do this every time I approach the car before driving home. Gives it a little time to let the hot air out before I crank it up.

Reactions: CaptainJeffro81

·
Registered
387 Posts
I heard they started removing this feature with the 2013 PCM software. Anybody know why they took this feature away? It's actually nice to have here in the south where the heat index hits 120 sometimes.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
They removed the feature.... I think it was 2012 MY and newer. Don't know why. Liked it in my '09... didn't work very well though.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Im actually glad they removed it. I had this on my BMW and one day the keys were in my pocket and somehow I guess the button was activated. Go out to my car (been raining all day) and the inside of my car was all wet. That feature also opened up my sunroof.

This has happened to several of my friends in the BMW club as well as some of my co-workers.

If your a female and happened to throw your keys in your purse, it doesn't take much to have something press the buttons

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yeah I figured that it was probably something like that. Lots of complaints from people who accidentally opened their windows and either had something stolen or got their interior all wet.

The idea I suppose was to give you a way to cool your interior off on a hot summer day before you actually got into the car. I have remote start, which is a more expensive way to accomplish the same thing so I guess it's not a big deal. But it would be a cool feature to have. I mean, there's a button on the fob that opens your trunk...what's wrong with a button that opens your window?

First car I ever saw this on was my wife's 2008 Nissan Altima. I'm sure lots of cars have had this feature over the years...but that was the first time I personally saw it. I was amazed at first. LOL. I think I played with it for 30 minutes until she took the fob away from me.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
This feature was removed from the newer cars if I'm not mistaken.

·
Super Moderator
16,477 Posts
when the full Keyless Enter & Go was implemented for 2011, the remote window opening feature was deleted.

It was there on the '08-'10 Challengers...takes a bit of practice to get consistent with it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Works on my 2012. I use it occasionally. I think Rolling up the windows would be a more useful feature.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
708 Posts
The window down feature still works on my '11 R/T Classic.

I use it on hot days to just cool things off a bit before the ride home.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Works on my 2012. I use it occasionally. I think Rolling up the windows would be a more useful feature.
Odd... many, many folks have said that feature was gone.... interesting. I never even tried it on my 2013 since I figured it was gone.

The Rollup feature others have talked about .... I just think that is a lawyers dream... kids rolling up their arms or necks in the window. I know friends that had their daughter roll their hand up in the window.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Doesn't work on mine

·
Registered
834 Posts
Worked on my 2010. Hasn't been hot enough to check on my 2013.
Going to give it a try.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yeah I figured that it was probably something like that. Lots of complaints from people who accidentally opened their windows and either had something stolen or got their interior all wet.

The idea I suppose was to give you a way to cool your interior off on a hot summer day before you actually got into the car. I have remote start, which is a more expensive way to accomplish the same thing so I guess it's not a big deal. But it would be a cool feature to have. I mean, there's a button on the fob that opens your trunk...what's wrong with a button that opens your window?

First car I ever saw this on was my wife's 2008 Nissan Altima. I'm sure lots of cars have had this feature over the years...but that was the first time I personally saw it. I was amazed at first. LOL. I think I played with it for 30 minutes until she took the fob away from me.
My BMW 740i had some type of venting/cool down feature where you program a time of the day and the car would extract the heat. Not sure of the details as I used it maybe a couple of times and that was many years ago.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
when the full Keyless Enter & Go was implemented for 2011, the remote window opening feature was deleted.

It was there on the '08-'10 Challengers...takes a bit of practice to get consistent with it.
It's on my 2011. They removed it starting with 2012 my to make room for other features within the software.

·
Super Moderator
16,477 Posts
It's on my 2011. They removed it starting with 2012 my to make room for other features within the software.
My mistake - the years are starting to run together.:spineyes:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My mistake - the years are starting to run together.:spineyes:
I know the feeling. I believe the medical term is called "old age" :-(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts