Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its cold in chicago and everyday the windows are frozen shut and i have to take a spatula and go between the door and the window so it will go down so I can close the door. Is there anyway to decrease the amount that this happens? Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,290 Posts
Mopar recommends Aquapel. Apply it to the window edges (or the entire window). It helps with the window freezing problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
keeping side windows from freezing.............

dealer fix, i read is Aquapel hard to find also $$expensive$$ sold only online aircraft uses it or Rain-X cheaper just won't last as long. apply outside window. hope this helps. RIMOPAR

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts
I have used Aquapel. As stated it helps, makes it easier to release the freeze but won't eliminate it. I bought mine from ebay in a 4 application kit. Apply number 2 going on now.

·
Super Moderator
15,019 Posts
I'd probably recommend taking an ice scraper inside with you when you park the car -

That way, each time (whether 1st time in am, or after being parked outside at work) you can scrape the ice free in a 2-3" section where the glass meets the outside weather strip, the door glass will drop and raise properly.

I realize its an inconvenience, but it gets around having the door glass caught outside of the weatherstrip/door opening when trying to close the door and the glass is iced up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I will try the aquapel to the side windows and see how it does. Do you do the whole window or just at the bottom where it freezes

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Another reason to put these babys away for the winter months

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I used Aquapel last year as well.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Prestone deicer they say works and is less expensive. I don't know cause when it gets that nasty down here they roll up the streets and that's a good thing cause they have a hard time driving in the rain here let alone ice.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Got a product recommended for this problem today called Autosol Gummi-Pflege (funny name), from Bavarian Autosport (not an endorsement). It comes in a 75 ml bottle with a foam applicator on the end. Kind of awkward to get the applicator in where it needs to go at the water seal along the base of the glass. May trim the end for easier access. It smells suspiciously like silicone. Went ahead and did an application to see how well it works. Will post up results after the next bout with winter. :fight:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I use the same autosol gummi-pfledge. Just got it and I believe I applied it correctly. It's meant as an overall rubber protectant and to keep ur seals from freezing shut during winter. It's a BMW supplier and is suppose to be a pretty high quality protectant.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have the gummi pfledge also. I used it last winter but it did not seem to work for me. Ended up using deicer but the residue lasts for awhile and makes the windows messy every time they slide up and down.

I have a remote start and use that for an extended time in the morning if it is very cold.

·
Super Moderator
13,673 Posts
I recall that someone previously suggested to use Rain-X rain repellent on the windows. It is not expensive. You may want to give it a try.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts