Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Had an issue with the windows on my 2010 challenger where they would not lower the 1/2 inch when opening and the door. It was raining and cold here in NY and the windows froze and could not be lowered even with the door switches. This made it difficult to open the door since the window did not clear the weather stripping. But what was more of a problem was closing the door since the window would not fit where it was supposed to.
I am afraid if this happens to often it will ruin the weather stripping and cause the window and door to stop functioning properly.

Anyone have suggestions, other than parking it for the winter.

Thanks
Alan

·
Registered
102 Posts
DDM/PDM Window Calibration

Hi Everyone,

Had an issue with the windows on my 2010 challenger where they would not lower the 1/2 inch when opening and the door. It was raining and cold here in NY and the windows froze and could not be lowered even with the door switches. This made it difficult to open the door since the window did not clear the weather stripping. But what was more of a problem was closing the door since the window would not fit where it was supposed to.
I am afraid if this happens to often it will ruin the weather stripping and cause the window and door to stop functioning properly.

Alan;

From your description it sounds like the Door control module has lost its
calibration. The DDM (Driver Door Module) and PDM (Passenger Door Module)
can loose their calibrations if the battery is disconnected as well.

Here is a link to an easy procedure for you to follow and see if you can get
the Driver or Passenger door module to work correctly. If this works then
you know what to do next time, but note this and get this on the service
record in case the module has a chronic problem so the dealer can replace
it under warranty.

Battery Reconnection Procedure (reset DDM, PDM, & SCM's)
Top 160+ Challenger Tips'n Tricks #91

:smokin:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Alan

Hi Alan,

I had the same thing happen to me last week the day after picking up my new 2010 R/T. They washed and cleaned it up and i drove it home that night. The next morning the driver side window was frozen and would not go down. I also had trouble closing the door due to the weather stripping. I let the car run with the heat on and finally with a little pressure pushing down on the window, I was able to get it down using the door switch.

Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sticking or frozen windows and seals.

Hi Alan,

I had the same thing happen to me last week the day after picking up my new 2010 R/T. They washed and cleaned it up and i drove it home that night. The next morning the driver side window was frozen and would not go down. I also had trouble closing the door due to the weather stripping. I let the car run with the heat on and finally with a little pressure pushing down on the window, I was able to get it down using the door switch.

Thanks.
Here is some information on products to use to help keep the windows from
sticking or freezing to your window seals.

Top 160+ Challenger Tips'n Tricks #93
Help on Sticking/Freezing Windows and Door Seals!

:smokin:

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
There is a TSB for it now as enough people have complained. Take it to the dealership and tell them about the issue.

The TT# that refers to this is TT 9002047

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have not had this happen as I am in Texas but try this.
I would go around and push on both window glasses to free them up a the top first BEFORE hitting the un lock button on the fob. Then hit unlock once and then unlock and HOLD to run the windows down a little. Remember the key trick in the hot summer?
Then open the doors and run them back up with the door buttons after you close the doors. It may be some work but safer than busting out a window glass when they stick to the weatherstrip and won't go down as they should. Just a thought.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Frozen window

I had this problem with my R/T and probably will eventually have the problem with my SRT8.

I don't think it has anything to do with the calibration. When you pull the door handle, the window drops a little to get below the rubber molding at the top of the door. If the window gets frozen and won't drop down, the door will still open because it will just force itself out of the rubber molding track(the window won't go up or down using the button inside either). Now when you close the door, the window is still in the full up position but it's on the outside of the molding instead of "In" the molding track. After the car warms up, it will thaw out and the window will be able to go down by pressing the power window button and when you put it back up, it will be back in the molding track.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found a recommendation on another site and it works for me so far
Prestone De-Icer from Walmart. They make it in an arasol can and in a squirt bottle
I use the squirt bottle. spay some on the bottom of the windows and it melts off the ice.
Prestone also makes an ice and frost protector

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
I carry a thin plastic putty knife in my purse. Slide it along the lower outside seal to break the ice loose. Also order Gummi-Pflege from BMW Parts and BMW Accessories | Bavarian Autosport to put on the rubber seals. The problem is the lower door seal and ice that forms there. That is what causes the problem. After using Gummi-Pflege last winter I didn't have that problem anymore. This is what all the Canadian members use on their cars.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Yea... I use the same thing as Hemiwoman and have a putty knife with me at work in case the windows freeze as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine were doing the same thing and this is one of the items my car is currently at the dealer for. I mentioned TT9002047 and AQUAPEL from the TSB/recall list and they said they were going to apply a coating to my windows. They had to keep it an extra day because it had to cure for eight hours at room temperature. I am picking it up tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I carry a thin plastic putty knife in my purse. Slide it along the lower outside seal to break the ice loose.

Great, now I need a purse..........:lol:

Supposedly counter-measured mouldings were in the works but I have not heard that they actually exist.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts