Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited that I just have to tell the world. I'm sure this is extremely old news..

My boyfriend and I were running errands in my 09 r/t. He had been driving...we walked out to the car and I noticed my windows were down. Well I had left my phone in the center console so I was not happy that he left the windows rolled down. After a few more stops I was like "Why are the windows down?!"

Well, he thought I knew that if you press unlock twice and hold it the second time..the windows will roll down.

No I didn't.

I bet an intrepid does this too but I don't care, my r/t is fancy.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Anna, I didn't know this either until last week, when I read it in the 100 tips and tricks posts. Sure enough.... I also tried it on my 2009 Ram truck and it works on it too. How about that? Nothing like finding a feature you didn't even know you had.

BTW, tell me more about your Pacer? Don't see those much these days. Got any more pictures of it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
its the details that count! Some times i dont get the timing right or im too far away but when it works, i love it!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Awesome feature!! Especially when it's 110 outside. Too bad they didn't program it to roll the windows up by pressing "lock" twice. :(

·
Registered
210 Posts
i wish there was a way to roll them back up anyone have any ideas

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ive been doing this just about every time i get in my car for a year. It only works 10% of the time, and then sometimes it only rolls 1 window down. The hell? Also you have to be within about 5-10 feet from it. By the time I'm that close it doesnt do me any good. I want to roll them down 10+ seconds before I get to the car to let that huge burst of hot air out.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Both of mine will roll down from the second floor of my work at about 200 hundred feet away. I can open my trunk and lock or unlock the doors from up here too. Can't start it though. Don't have the remote start.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That is cool....did not know that! Works fine for me, haven't tried the range yet. :)

I tried reading the 100 tips and tricks and never get much past 40 something, I always want to go try some of them out. One day I will make it completely through the list.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
OK...That is cool. I roll'em down, go roll them up, roll'em down, go roll them up. My wife just rolled her eyes when I showed her.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Actually, the car is loaded with Easter eggs and tricks. Takes a long time to discover them- the single long list is brilliant.

It's an amazing machine in many ways.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Are you suggesting reading the directions? Hmmmm :scratchhead:
If all else fails...........

My co-worker just bought an '11 SE and freaked out when I showed the window trick to him. I can watch when people look at my car from my office. They peek in the window and I roll the window down a hair... but then I have to hit the lock button right away and honk the horn. They jump back like they did something to it and then look around like they are on Candid Camera. So funny.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts