Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 6 months into owning our 15 RT we noticed that the washer fluid wouldn't spray when held down. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, is there a relay or fuse that controls it? Or would it just be the pump failed? When held down I can't hear anything cycle on so I'm assuming it's probably the pump I just find it odd that it would go out so quickly. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Have you had a friend hold the squirter on, while you listen under the hood? If you hear nothing it's probably the pump or power going to the pump.

These pumps can also sludge over the intake side, preventing flow. I have seen this several times and it just requires pulling and cleaning.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you had a friend hold the squirter on, while you listen under the hood? If you hear nothing it's probably the pump or power going to the pump.

These pumps can also sludge over the intake side, preventing flow. I have seen this several times and it just requires pulling and cleaning.
Awesome. I'll check next weekend when I get the chance. I haven't had a chance to check while under the hood just while I've got the door open with the hood up.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kind of an incredibly late update, but I was changing the wipers today and decided to give this another look. I had my wife activate the sprayers while I had the hood popped and noticed that fluid was pouring out of the hood heat shield. I guess at some point the hose became disconnected. Bought some more plastic push tabs and a puller to take the old ones out. Should have my issue fixed within the next few days.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lo and behold. I seldom drive the car or this would have been fixed ages ago.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I heard these windshield fluids are supposedly not good for the paint and you would only use it for emergency situations. Is there any truth to this? The cleaning products I use are all ph balance and is safe to flush down too. It's like biodegradable, products I get from Chemical Guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this same issue. Were you able to fix the issue with yours? I don’t want to take it to a dealership if I don’t need to.

Kind of an incredibly late update, but I was changing the wipers today and decided to give this another look. I had my wife activate the sprayers while I had the hood popped and noticed that fluid was pouring out of the hood heat shield. I guess at some point the hose became disconnected. Bought some more plastic push tabs and a puller to take the old ones out. Should have my issue fixed within the next few days.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have this same issue. Were you able to fix the issue with yours? I don’t want to take it to a dealership if I don’t need to.
Yep that's exactly what it was. Take off the heat shield with the plastic tabs on it on the hood and there's a tiny little hose you'll see. Mine was disconnected, I just reconnected it and it's been good since then.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok thank you so much I will try that. Is there a easy way to remove the clips holding it in place? Or are they a one time use?
Yep that's exactly what it was. Take off the heat shield with the plastic tabs on it on the hood and there's a tiny little hose you'll see. Mine was disconnected, I just reconnected it and it's been good since then.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thank you so much I will try that. Is there a easy way to remove the clips holding it in place? Or are they a one time use?
You might be able to get away with reusing them, but I just did the easy thing and bought some new ones. I just used a plastic fastener removal tool I had in one of my tool sets. If I remember correctly they're pretty tight on there cause I know I was worried about punching holes in the hood liner. I attached links for both things.

Popular Auto Parts 25pcs. Hood Insulation Retainers Compatible W/ Chrysler Jeep Dodge 4878883AA LH LHS Amazon.com: Popular Auto Parts 25pcs. Hood Insulation Retainers Compatible W/ Chrysler Jeep Dodge 4878883AA LH LHS: Automotive

QMET Plastic Fastener Remover Clip Removal Tool Amazon.com: QMET Plastic Fastener Remover Clip Removal Tool: Automotive

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok I will order both of those. Thank you so much I really appreciate all your help.
You might be able to get away with reusing them, but I just did the easy thing and bought some new ones. I just used a plastic fastener removal tool I had in one of my tool sets. If I remember correctly they're pretty tight on there cause I know I was worried about punching holes in the hood liner. I attached links for both things.

Popular Auto Parts 25pcs. Hood Insulation Retainers Compatible W/ Chrysler Jeep Dodge 4878883AA LH LHS Amazon.com: Popular Auto Parts 25pcs. Hood Insulation Retainers Compatible W/ Chrysler Jeep Dodge 4878883AA LH LHS: Automotive

QMET Plastic Fastener Remover Clip Removal Tool Amazon.com: QMET Plastic Fastener Remover Clip Removal Tool: Automotive

·
Registered
1 Posts
About 6 months into owning our 15 RT we noticed that the washer fluid wouldn't spray when held down. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, is there a relay or fuse that controls it? Or would it just be the pump failed? When held down I can't hear anything cycle on so I'm assuming it's probably the pump I just find it odd that it would go out so quickly. Thanks guys.

I
I’m having the same problem with my 2017 Challenger. What was wrong with yours?

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The windshield wiper hose was broken under the hood heat cover.
It actually wasn't even broken, it just popped apart. Really easy fix, the links for what she needs are above as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It actually wasn't even broken, it just popped apart. Really easy fix, the links for what she needs are above as well.

Mine was actually broken. My car was still under warranty so the dealership order the new part and fixed it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts