Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie to the forum, and the Challenger, so excuse me if this isn't the right place. My son bought himself a 2015 Challenger, worked hard for it. We have had a couple of issues, like wheel sensors, but the dealer he got it from has helped with those. This issue, I'm not so sure they will help with. We noticed a couple of weeks ago, the washer didn't seem to be working. First though, no fluid, but it was full. Grabbed the Owners Manual and checked the fuse, good there, so just assumed the pump was bad. Wasn't going to worry about it until he saved up to buy the pump. He was checking the oil, and discovered that the 2 nozzles didn't have any hoses to them, and called me come look. Not only are there no hoses, the nozzles look like they have been gutted. For giggles, I activated the washer and fluid began pouring out from under the insulation. We pulled it down, and there nothing but the one hose from the pump. From what I have been able to find, the nozzles must slide into the pieces attached to be back edge of the hood? There are no nozzles on the hood, where I normally see them. So my question is, what is suppose to be there, and does anybody have a pic of how it's supposed to be, and possibly part numbers for the correct nozzles for this car?

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Newbie to the forum, and the Challenger, so excuse me if this isnt the right place. My son bought himself a 2015 Challenger, worked hard for it. We have had a couple of issues, like wheel sensors, but the dealer he got it from has helped with those. This issue, Im not so sure they will help with. We noticed a couple of weeks ago, the washer didnt seem to be working. First though, no fluid, but it was full. Grabbed the Owners Manual and checked the fuse, good there, so just assumed the pump was bad. Wasnt going to worry about it until he saved up to buy the pump. He was checking the oil, and discovered that the 2 nozzles didnt have any hoses to them, and called me come look. Not only are there no hoses, the nozzles look like they have been gutted. For giggles, I activated the washer and fluid began pouring out from under the insulation. We pulled it down, and there nothing but the one hose from the pump. From what I have been able to find, the nozzles must slide into the pieces attached to be back edge of the hood? There are no nozzles on the hood, where I normally see them. So my question is, what is suppose to be there, and does anybody havea pic of how its suppose to be, and possibly part numbers for the correct nozzels for this car.
This sounds like either it's a non-factory hood which came without the nozzles or the previous owner had them removed and painted over, for looks.
I had a 3rd party fiberglass hood installed on my previous '13 R/T and it came without nozzles. That made me happy. There's kits available to install nozzles just under the edge of the hood near the windshield. If there are no holes in your hood for nozzles, the kits would be a good way for your o go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This sounds like either it's a non-factory hood which came without the nozzles or the previous owner had them removed and painted over, for looks.
I had a 3rd party fiberglass hood installed on my previous '13 R/T and it came without nozzles. That made me happy. There's kits available to install nozzles just under the edge of the hood near the windshield. If there are no holes in your hood for nozzles, the kits would be a good way for your o go.
This hood isnt fiberglass, all metal, but I thought i read somewhere the 15 and up has these type of nozzles??

I see no signs that any work has been done to the hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts