Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the accident (where the guy pulled out in front of me) I had a new Cervinis hood put on my Challenger. Part of the kit that the hood came with contained a wiper squirter relocation kit, which the shop (that I took my car to) installed for me. We don't get much rain here in the valley of the sun, so it hadn't occured to me until this morning (when I caught a slight drizzle) on the way to work to try them out. Nothing...dead, zero zilch, nada.

I've checked the fuse and replaced it (even though it was still good) so I'm thinking that unless someone can suggest a couple of other tests, I'll have to run back by the shop this afternoon when I get off work.

I don't like taking my car to the dealer, the one closest to me refuses to work on my speed vibration (80-85 m.p.h.) because they've already performed the TSB concerning that item and have said that because my car is lowered, it's basically my fault...even though the documentation I have states that the problem existed from the day I bought the car, way before I installed the lowering kit. I can just see them pointing a finger at my hood and saying "it's your hood's fault, no more warranty."

·
Registered
448 Posts
Did you fill the tank with water or windshield washer fluid? ;)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Could be the pump motor, The vane came off the pump motor, power to the pump, Wiring damaged from the wreck, nozzle stopped up, line stopped up of pinched from the wreck or the switch to activate the pump. Take a test light to the pump connector and push the washer button. If it lights it is the pump motor or vane or lines or nozzle.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man, I'll check some stuff out after work...do your guys' pumps make noise? Like the usual "humming" one would associate with the squirter pump?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes the washer pumps make noise. You can hear them even with the windows rolled up and the blower motor on level 3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts