Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Widebody Scat Pack
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t take my car out in the rain much however I got caught today. Has anyone ever noticed when the windshield wipers are in motion and you press the brake you feel a mechanical sensation in the brake pedal? It would be great if someone could give this a try because right now I’m thinking there may be something wrong? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
16,212 Posts

Rain Brake Support

Standard Rain Brake Support is always active when the windshield wipers are operating. When active, the ABS pump periodically pushes the brake pads lightly against the brake rotors to help keep the rotors dry.

By keeping the brake rotors drier in wet weather, this feature helps to ensure that the brake perform at their peak level of efficiency and effectiveness when the driver presses the brake pedal to stop the vehicle. Rain Brake Support contributes to enhanced driving confidence by reassuring the driver of optimum stopping power and solid brake feel during wet road conditions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Widebody Scat Pack
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rain Brake Support

Standard Rain Brake Support is always active when the windshield wipers are operating. When active, the ABS pump periodically pushes the brake pads lightly against the brake rotors to help keep the rotors dry.

By keeping the brake rotors drier in wet weather, this feature helps to ensure that the brake perform at their peak level of efficiency and effectiveness when the driver presses the brake pedal to stop the vehicle. Rain Brake Support contributes to enhanced driving confidence by reassuring the driver of optimum stopping power and solid brake feel during wet road conditions.

What a relief and what a great feature. Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
555 Posts
Rain Brake Support

Great info.
I assume this is in the manual, which we all know nobody ever reads. 😁

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Amazing this feature exists and more amazing somebody actually read the manual to know it exists. I learned something new today. Thanks, Slidd. (y) Now I'll look in the Durango manual to see if it has the same feature. I assume it does; but, would like to know for sure.

Reactions: WBScatPack19

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
Amazing this feature exists and more amazing somebody actually read the manual to know it exists. I learned something new today. Thanks, Slidd. (y) Now I'll look in the Durango manual to see if it has the same feature. I assume it does; but, would like to know for sure.
I'm sure it does. Dodge has a lot of things going on while we are driving.

There's also something called Ready Alert Braking and according to Dodge, "it prepares the brakes for a panic stop when sensors detect a quick release of the accelerator pedal that suggests you may need to stop suddenly."

These little things maybe can make the difference one day.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Must not be a feature on my '13 R/T. I can't find it anywhere in the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
885 Posts
The brakes on these cars are great! They have kept me out of 2 major accidents that if I had been driving my truck I would not have been able to avoid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts