Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pretty strange question, but can someone post a picture of the trim on the sides of your windshield (from the outside)?

I just had my windshield replaced yesterday. I didn't get to see my car until today and it looks a little strange. Probably just me. They guy that did it was kind of a pain, so now I'm probably just doubting his work.

Thanks in advance,

Slim

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
There is no trim on the Challenger windshield. The edge has a smooth finish and the glass is held in place by glazing adhesive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GA, that's what I was gathering. Something still doesn't look quite right. Like I said, it's probably just me being paranoid. I've never had good luck with repairs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to wait until this evening to get the camera. It looks like part of the problem is it isn't centered. I can fully fit my pinky finger between the glass and the frame on the driver's side, but not the passenger.

I'm going to drive it after lunch to check for leaks.

·
Banned
675 Posts
hope this helps, here's a pic of the gap, and a pic with my pinky on each side.

Here's the gap, it's even on each side

Passenger side

Drivers side

·
Registered
69 Posts
Windshield molding

Take a look at your molding around the rear deck window, from the factory the front windshield and the rear deck window molding matches, after a replacement windshield is installed, they almost always are different. The molding is bought by the foot, and it fits alot of different openings, kind of a one size fits all. Its just a chunk of rubber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts