Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My car has never seen salt. I normally try to not drive it in wet weather as well. I bought it to drive on good days, an have been caught up in a rain storm or 2, but generally it stays parked in wet conditions. I have other cars/trucks to drive, an want to keep as factory as possible.
So with this in mind, do you store your car during winter? Do you take this time to refresh tune ups, and other maintance? Or do you drive it year around? Go....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Jamesdare90

Store mine from the end of October until the beginning of April, if it wasn't for the salt our authorities ladle onto our roads I would drive it year round, I do not worry about it getting wet.

Regards

Dereck

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,951 Posts
I drive it with the windows down...

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,429 Posts
I live in the Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt, and I will drive it daily. The only way I wouldn't is when the roads are so bad I can't move (maybe a couple times a year, maybe) or IF, I had a nicer car that was better, like a Wrangle Rubicon or something. I have ice winter tires on spare wheels for my wife's Cadillac XT5 if it gets real bad, but I can't bring myself to drive something other than my nicest car.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'll be DD my WB car here all winter. We're in Charlotte so there will be very little snow to contend with though.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,861 Posts
The T/A will stay in the garage during the worst winter days, right next to the Grand Cherokee Limited. If, and only IF, the roads are totally dry will it get driven in the winter months.

Additionally.....Jimmy Vasser stands guard over ol’ Yeller. :ROFLMAO:
6E79FB49-FC9F-4C8C-8E95-50A6FB14CB95.jpeg

·
Registered
2010 R/T
28 Posts
I drive her to school everyday...unless there's too much salt on the road, don't like dealing with that stuff too much.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,571 Posts
I turn the AC down a little :cool:

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,607 Posts
Mine sits in my garage from October 28th to April 28th, when I drop the driver coverage part of the insurance for 6 months. I get the oil changed the weekend of the 28th or the weekend before, depending when it falls, and then put it in the garage with a trickle charger and let it sit. Every couple of weeks I dust it off, I plan in the future to put in a PTAC unit in the garage so it will have heat and A/C.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,571 Posts
It was 99° at 7:30 last night. We've been getting more and more hot weather here in the Peninsula each year. Hardly anyone has AC in their homes here as we never got more than 2 or 3 days in a row of real hot.

A Guy

·
Registered
476 Posts
The challenger will go in the storage unit with the Airstream and wait out the winter. Virginia uses salt, liquid brine, magnesium chloride, anything else that VDOT can find to destroy a car, they put on the roads.
This liquid brine is horrible on automobiles. Its a shame, its ruining bridges and concrete also.
sand, cinders ( can't find cinders anymore) small gravel and rock salt should be all that is used, but no, they have to take it to a higher level of destruction.
Fluid Film on the frames of the Jeeps, and linseed oil. I wash, spray, its a constant battle from late December to mid march. I am glad to see those April showers to wash the roads . West Virginia gets more snow, than we do.
The Lexus has summer Michelins, I have to change to all seasons but we only drive it when its dry. The Jeeps get the worst, but I clean and re-paint and seal the frames in May June July.
I cringe when I see those tanker trucks spreading the brine

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
It was 99° at 7:30 last night. We've been getting more and more hot weather here in the Peninsula each year. Hardly anyone has AC in their homes here as we never got more than 2 or 3 days in a row of real hot.

A Guy
My boy lives in Albany, and he hasn't said anything about any heat there...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,571 Posts
Looks like they had it easy yesterday

A Guy

1 - 20 of 100 Posts