Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm from Ottawa by the airport there and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on driving it in the winter. I know I should be putting it in a garage and stuff but I can't afford a beater for the winter haha. I've been told by People to put a couple Sand bags? I have winter tires just looking for other suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
Number 1 is to get good purpose use winter tires. It seems like you have that covered.

When the snow is more than 4 to 6 inches deep (on the roads), I put a large Tupperware type container in the trunk and put two 50 pound bags of sand it it. The extra weight helps some and the container keeps sand out of the trunk.

I have no trouble in snow or ice with my Winterforce tires (225/60-18").

·
Registered
59 Posts
The only thing I did to my Challenger for the winter, was put a good set of winter tires on it (Michelin X-Ice), and the thing has handled quite well, so as long as you have that, you should be fine. However sand bags might not be a bad idea, they worked well for my old truck, haven't tried them in the Challenger yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Im out in Orleans. Got a 2009 SE a couple months back. I get asked why Im driving it in winter. As long as its undercoated and its kept clean during winter why not? Got new 17" winter tires on winter rims and drove through the first snow storm yesterday morning to work with a foot of snow on the ground with no problems.

Only winter issue Ive had so far are the windows freezing up. Sprayed some Prestone De-icer on the bottom of the windows and no problem so far.

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
You should be okay if your winter tires are in good shape. My SRT is a garage queen in the winter, but others have said that the Challenger handles well in the snow.

However, to prevent getting stuck in deep snow or ice, I would carry a snow shovel and cat litter in your trunk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts