Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
Just bought my first Challenger a couple weeks ago ('16 RT Plus Shaker). I live in New Jersey and it will be used as a daily driver. Definitely the first purchase i'm making for the car will be a set of Winter Tires. Looking for some help with:
1) Specific Tires I should purchase/ price?
2) Should these Winter Tires be new or used?
3) Should I also get new wheels for the winter?
4) With my Performance tires how should they be stored while I use my Winter Tires during the Winter Season?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am planning on buying 18" steel wheels and midrange snow tires for my Challenger. I will drive it all winter except in the storms where the snow gets deeper than my clearance. I live in Minnesota so we get serious winters. The total price looks to be around $1200 or so, cheaper than buying and insuring a beater and paying for storage.

Reactions: LFSHAKER16

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Greetings,
Just bought my first Challenger a couple weeks ago ('16 RT Plus Shaker). I live in New Jersey and it will be used as a daily driver. Definitely the first purchase i'm making for the car will be a set of Winter Tires. Looking for some help with:
1) Specific Tires I should purchase/ price?
2) Should these Winter Tires be new or used?
3) Should I also get new wheels for the winter?
4) With my Performance tires how should they be stored while I use my Winter Tires during the Winter Season?
1) Blizzaks, Michelin X-ice, etc. There are plenty of great options. Go for 225/60/18, they are affordable and good selection.
2) Always new for winter tires. They get hard with age and lose traction, even if they have good tread depth.
3) I recommend Mopar 18 inch steelies. They're cheap.
4) Store inside and keep warm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts