Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Wireless Connectivity?

858 6
Hi folks, was looking at a recent mailer Dodge sent me and on the 2022 challenger the mention "voice command and wireless connectivity streaming audio". My 2022 scat with the 8.4 (non nav) doesn't seem to have any wireless connectivity to me (I'm using a cable to my iPhone). I went to Dodge build site and looked at the Uconnect options to see if this is something new and the only mention is in the notes for the "entertainment systems" that says "To wirelessly use Android Auto on your car display, you need a compatible Android smartphone with an active data plan. You can check which smartphones are compatible at g.co/androidauto/requirements.". Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!
ALRUI
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
36,782 Posts
Reactions: ALRUI

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

The current build 2022's must be offering at least the Android Auto through Uconnect 5 systems or the ad is just plain wrong/deceptive and the Dodge build page still has Uconnect 4 shown.

· Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
216 Posts
My 2020 can run audio wirelessly, so you can play music and take calls from your phone without connecting the cable. However for full android auto compatability (navigation, the apps on the screen etc) it's still wired. That might be what they're talking about?

Your car should be the same. Pair the phone wirelessly and you'll be able to select that as the audio source using the steering wheel buttons and play from spotify.

· Registered
5 Posts
My 2020 can run audio wirelessly, so you can play music and take calls from your phone without connecting the cable. However for full android auto compatability (navigation, the apps on the screen etc) it's still wired. That might be what they're talking about?

Your car should be the same. Pair the phone wirelessly and you'll be able to select that as the audio source using the steering wheel buttons and play from spotify.
This is only possible over a Bluetooth connection, but not over wifi. Or am I wrong? I m using the CarPlay2Air dongle to us Carplay over Wifi, (2020 Challenger)

· Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
216 Posts
This is only possible over a Bluetooth connection, but not over wifi. Or am I wrong? I m using the CarPlay2Air dongle to us Carplay over Wifi, (2020 Challenger)
Yes, Bluetooth. No idea if these cars even have wifi connectivity as standard. Still 'wireless' by the very literal definition and works just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts