Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community,

I already found a lot of answers for my issues on this site but now I think I need a wiring diagram for the yellow and grey seat plugs (so both sides).

Here is my story: I am driving a 2019 Scat Pack with heated cloth seats and bought used 2016 Hellcat seats (heated / ventilated). Made the swap and started the engine. Seat belt sign and air bag sign on. Found out here, that the occupancy sensors might need a calibration done by the dealer. Would you agree?

Sure, also the ventilation didn’t work. Dealer need to put the right codes into the BCM to release function. Am I right? Anything else to make it work?

Heating driver seat doesn’t work. Heating passenger side works. Electric seat driver side also works. So first of all I checked the fuses and again all plugs. Nothing. Then I measured the resistance of the two heating elements driver side. Seem to be ok and have the same resistance compared to passenger side.

I looked at the seat plugs again and found out, the the total amount of Pins from my body plugs matches with the seat plugs but two wires at the yellow plug passenger side are shifted by one Pin. Maybe this causes the heating problems. All other Pins at both seats have at least a 1:1 match.

Do you know how I have to rewire the plugs? Does anyone has a wiring diagram for this? Any other ideas?

Thanks

Wire Networking cables Cable Electronics accessory Electrical connector
Cable Networking cables Electrical wiring Technology Hand
Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Auto part
Games Technology Finger Padlock

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,644 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) You can look in the Chilton online manual

2016> Dodge> Challenger> In search box Inline-Body/Seat Pass

A Guy

Reactions: Pioneer4x4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that’s a great source. Thanks for this!

For matching the 2016 seat wires to my 2019 body wires it would be good to have also the 2019 diagram. Unfortunately they only have it online up to the 2018 model. Is anyone able to share the harness wiring diagram for passenger and driver seat?

First of all I thought I can take the 2018 diagram for my 2019 because it shows the same mismatch of the Pins like my plug pictures do. But the wire colors are different between pictures and 2018 printed diagram. So that confuses me...

Text Document Paper Diagram Drawing
Text Document Paper Font

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to both of you! I found the 2019 plug diagrams on this Mopar site.

So crossing fingers, that my problem list is getting smaller after rewiring the seats. I will let you know.
Any update? I purchased '19 scatpack seats for my '16 R/T and Im having the same issues on drivers side, everything works except heated seat, airbag light and seatbelt light. Not a fan of wiring, unless there is a real easy way to dumb it down for me, if someone doesnt mind.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
379 Posts
Have not messed with the seat plugs, but they look pretty simple. Disconnect, the red you see will slide out after pushing in some tabs and all the pins will just slide out. After that, match the colors. Easy...ish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts