Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am an automotive wiring novice at best and am hoping for some insight on a project. I purchased a 4 channel remote controlled accessory box from AAC. I basically allows you to power up to 4 12v accessories from it via a remote in a simple on/off fashion for each of the 4.

It has a simple ground terminal, a single power terminal, and then 4 ground terminals (one fore each accessory) and wroks from the ground side.

This means that power to the unit (1 red if you will), and then the 4 leads for each accessory (4 more reds if you will) all go into a single terminal on the unit.

What's the best way to wire this? Do I just run power to the first one and do a 2 wire to 1 wire splice, then to the next accessory lead and do another 2 wire to one wire splice? Was thinking a simple terminal block to run power to and then terminate all the red leads for the accessories on it but not sure what to buy. Needs to handle several 18ga leads for lighting projects...

help??

·
Registered
909 Posts
This is what I did to wire my halos.

I think the red wires were twisted together and used heat shrink to protect the 'junction'. This is my diagram of how I wanted the lights to work. The black wires were separated so the fogs would turn on independently from the headlights. You can have both on or just fogs or just headlights.

Edit: Actually I think my diagram is incorrect from what I actually did. The fogs should be on the same channel and the headlights on their own channel.

Hope this helps some.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts