Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so quick question and I would just like some input on what you guys think the problem could be.

I dropped my car off to a body shop (2009 challenger rt) and everything was working completely fine. It was just a door ding I got fixed and they took the whole door off. When i picked it up I noticed my AC doesn’t work, the knobs for AC/heat don’t glow up in the dark like they used too and the heat doesn’t blow at all if I switch it to only blow at my feet. I was thinking since they took the door off and it’s a power door maybe they just forgot to plug something back up inside of the wiring harness? I don’t know, I’d greatly appreciate your guys help?

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
391 Posts
Just a random picture of a door harness I found makes these things seem unrelated.

Looks like all they would have need to do is disconnect the plug it at the hinge point.

Maybe they pulled a fuse to work on it and pulled the wrong one? Looks like 14 in your rear box should be for the AC controls. That fuse apparently also ties in the the security module if you have that. That probably has inputs from the door controllers. The manual to replace the door does not say to pull any fuses, just disconnect the battery.

Browsing through the Chilton Manuals troubleshooting of the AC, there is not much related to the doors, but it does talk to both doors. Not sure that would cause it to stop working entirely though.

·
Super Moderator
17,340 Posts
it makes we wonder if a fuse blew out. the doors have lighted switches and the like that are tied into the IP lighting

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,750 Posts
Hi, so quick question and I would just like some input on what you guys think the problem could be.

I dropped my car off to a body shop (2009 challenger rt) and everything was working completely fine. It was just a door ding I got fixed and they took the whole door off. When i picked it up I noticed my AC doesn’t work, the knobs for AC/heat don’t glow up in the dark like they used too and the heat doesn’t blow at all if I switch it to only blow at my feet. I was thinking since they took the door off and it’s a power door maybe they just forgot to plug something back up inside of the wiring harness? I don’t know, I’d greatly appreciate your guys help?
I’m not clear on what functionality you have lost versus what functionality you do still have with the HVAC controls currently

1. Does the fan speed dial increase/decrease the blower motor’s output like expected?

2. With the fan speed set to high, does the temperature dial have any effect on the air coming out of the vents? More specifically does it have the expected effects (Hot = hot air; Cold = cooler air)?

3. Does the vent position dial redirect the air to the specified locations still (Defrost = upper dash; floor = floor vents; middle dash = middle dash, etc.)?

4. When the A/C is commanded to turn on (pushing the speed dial in, IIRC?), do you hear the compressor begin to cycle and few the colder air coming out of the vents?

It sounds like the answer to #4 is No, but I’m just trying to get straight what all is working still and what’s no longer working. It will be easier to troubleshoot from there I think...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
very weird. I have literally removed hundreds of doors and have never encountered a problem like that.

Things can and do fail. It could just be a coincidence that something failed while it was at the shop. I remember one time that a car dropped a valve when our detailer started it to back it into the wash bay. It was a completely innocent coincidence. We replaced the engine at no charge because it happened when the car was in our care.

On the other hand, someone not paying attention could have hooked up a battery charger backwards and killed a model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts