Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's my wish list for the Challenger refresh if they keep the same platform:

wireless carplay
wireless phone charger
better interior car lights, led or something
better sunglasses holder, quality is lacking currently
easier to change cabin air filter, a screw gets in the way of easy changes
windows that go up automatically
trunk that can open more when activated
better adaptive cruise control that restarts after being below 15mph, currently stops if it goes below 15mph
better video quality backup camera
front backup parking camera somewhere near the adaptive cruise
functional headlight hole in the passenger side that goes somewhere
USB C ports
built in dash cam using front and rear cameras
side cameras somewhere tasteful
better materials such as the interior plastic door handle, dash, other plastic parts
electronic parking brake (maybe coming 2022)
heated seats button
spare tires
memory seats (available 2021)
easy entry and exit mod with the seats and steering wheel option
better looking widebody, currently looks like a last minute add-on and not part of the body
side mirrors that fold automatically when turning off car so you know you locked the car from a distance

Update: resolve rust issue
Lighter materials to lighten car, i.e. aluminum engine
Cup holder design to not get in way of shifter
Cup holder on driver’s door gets in the way of left leg
Front parking sensor and camera
Ability to record drives (front and back) on the track in track mode or something with playback feature in park
Maybe better placement of the backup camera
Shark fin antenna redesigned somehow placed else where maybe built into the side strips of the roof
Auto braking in forward collision warning
Stronger braking force with adaptive cruise
Lane departure warning
The door handle on the outside gets frozen maybe a way to prevent that with new design or heated with remote start
NA 426

What are your thoughts, what would you want?

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
376 Posts
Hi,

Not sure this qualifies, but how about no foam in the rockers or quarters. Better design to minimize rust and corrosion issues.

The auto up windows will never be a option, as too many people chocked their kids and pets back in the day, unless they install light curtains like for a industrial machine, and don't see that happening.

Aluminum block to lighten up the cars. Cars in general under 3500lbs?

Memory seats I believe are available in 2021.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
253 Posts
Some good points mentioned. Limited-slip should be standard on all R/T models. Maybe slim it a bit (not too much!). New V8 engine instead of the 5.7 would be nice, or at least upgraded. Refresh of the interior would be nice. Solve rust issues!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
If they keep the same platform? I'd want better front seat adjustment, so I can lower it down enough to fit comfortably WITHOUT have to recline to an unnatural feeling gangster lean. Better yet, get rid of the SUV seats altogether and put in something more suited to a high performance muscle car. Recaros or what have you.

Better center console design, lower the armrest lid and do something with the cupholders that they don't block the shifter. The 2008-14 cars were much better in this regard.

To SRTouttaLA's points, better video quality backup camera, heated seats button, spare tire and better looking widebody I totally agree with. I would also like to suggest the Hellcat's close-ratio 6 speed manual with cooler as optional with a 392. Combine that with some 4.30 or 4.56 gears, and/or an electronic limited slip (something FCA already uses in Grand Cherokees). The Hellcat's engine oil cooler optional on 392 for track day people.

·
Super Moderator
17,469 Posts
The memory settings (seats / steering column / radio) comes along for '21 models with the Plus Package option

Front parking sensors would be a great idea - it was a big step when rear parking sensors finally came along in '12 and then backup camera for '15

auto up windows are possible; todays' windows have sensors the detect higher torque / current draw and will reverse the travel with auto up windows.
(my '01 vehicle has frameless doors with the same Smart Glass feature and has auto up / auto down feature)

More interior colors would be nice we have three now (I attached a '20 Caramel interior from a friends SP wide body)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Car seat cover

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I'm surprised at the "Better backup camera picture quality". My backup camera picture quality is excellent - even has a nice big 8.4" screen! Or are we talking about the smaller screens?

My biggest thing would be the rust issues - especially since it's year-round daily-driver in the rust belt (but rust has not been an issue on my other cars in under 10 years)....

Otherwise, I'm pretty damn happy with the car - not much I would change. Maybe a turbo or supercharged V6 AWD option - or a V8 AWD option.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm surprised at the "Better backup camera picture quality". My backup camera picture quality is excellent - even has a nice big 8.4" screen! Or are we talking about the smaller screens?

My biggest thing would be the rust issues - especially since it's year-round daily-driver in the rust belt (but rust has not been an issue on my other cars in under 10 years)....

Otherwise, I'm pretty damn happy with the car - not much I would change. Maybe a turbo or supercharged V6 AWD option - or a V8 AWD option.
The backup camera is a lot less clear than the Mustang GT I just traded in. It's darker in the Challenger, so it could improve in my opinion.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
598 Posts
I agree with a lot of what was posted already.

I would also like a lot of the older colors to return. Yellow Jacket, B5 Blue, Plum Crazy & Sublime. Even if they’re only for a limited run. At least give people the option to get these colors again.

·
Registered
16,479 Posts
Standard equipment on the 2022 Challengers will likely be automatic emergency braking system as per an agreement the major automakers signed a few years back.

Right now cars with A8 automatic and Technology Group have Forward Collision Warning but it only warns and doesn't brake unless you are adaptive cruise control at the time, so will be interesting to see what or if any changes are made to the system.

Also all Hellcats including Redeye and Super Stock will now offer the adaptive cruise in 2021 where they had prohibited it before, perhaps paving the way for this new feature that might soon be standard.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,320 Posts
Lower price would be good.

Heated strip along the window seal to prevent freezing to the glass. Maybe part of a winter package with the heated seats and steering wheel?

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
HUD: Heads Up Display. I rented a Camaro a few years ago with it, very cool feature. And the front facing camera to help us NOT bash our now expensive front spoilers! They now go for around $300.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cup holder on driver’s door gets in the way of left leg

Ability to record drives (front and back) on the track in track mode or something with playback feature in park

maybe better placement of the backup camera?

shark fin antenna redesigned somehow placed else where maybe built into the side strips of the roof

Stronger braking force with adaptive cruise

lane departure warning

The door handle on the outside gets frozen maybe a way to prevent that with new design or heated with remote start

·
Registered
253 Posts
Lower price would be good.

Heated strip along the window seal to prevent freezing to the glass. Maybe part of a winter package with the heated seats and steering wheel?
Great idea, or maybe just a stronger window motor. My 2015 Challenger windows often freezed during winter while this never happened on the Mustang I had during the last three years. It really is annoying when you're in a hurry and can't open the door...

·
Registered
388 Posts
A mode for the A8 that bangs out tire-chirping shifts, like shift kits did with the original Challenger. That would be retro! :)

A factory staggered wheel/tire setup.

Reactions: Moparrebel

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,198 Posts
Choices of more wheels ( I love my black wheels, but wider would be better, how about some silver, gunmetal for the others :) ), that are not tied to what package you order

More tire choices (same as above)

More interior color choices

À la carte options, if you want only blind spot, don't have to get a whole $1,500 package (for that matter, Blind Spot standard as a safety feature)

Yes, auto up windows, so simple

Most of all, keep it close to what we have now. No Euro sports car redesign death knell...

A Guy

Reactions: Moparrebel

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
959 Posts
get rid of the fluff . I dont need usb ports or some info center other then to access the radio and performance pages. Dont need heads up displays. Never saw it an inconvience to look at the speedometer. Dont electric power steering or traction control or a nurtured gas peddle. i dont need every high tech electronic gizmo that they can come up with. Dont need a computer to decide when i should be driving smarter or to modulate a gas peddle for me. Spend that money on MORE POWER. What id like to see is less weight! Ditch the heavy exhaust and replace it with a cat back like the aftermarket companys make. Make the block aluminum. More carbon fiber and less steel. I say leave the 5.7 in the lineup and up the scats to a 426 making 525-550 hp. They could even shrink it down a bit. I hear alot of guys brag because there back seat i usuable where a mustang and camaro's arent, SO WHAT. How many use there back seat everyday. I doubt mine will ever even get used. Make more things optional. If you want a info center have it on the option list. If you want power seats, windows door locks ect make them optional. Most of that crap is standard because it costs them 50 bucks to make some add on that cost you 500. Id like to see an entry level scat and hellcat thats stripped down sold cheaper and weighted less. Cars suppose to be a retro classic so lets get back to our roots. Id dont need hands free phone or a video game screen. Just a gas peddle and the music comming out of the back end. I can charge my phone at home and dont use it in my car when im driving anyway, IF big is what you want then buy a charger. While im on the charger how about a 2 door charger. It would look much better and still have a big back seat for passengers. guess im a bit to old school for the video generation.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,707 Posts
It's the opposite of a rearward facing front camera.
So a "Front Pull in Camera".

My wife has a 2020 GT with the 7" screen and her back up camera picture is amazing compared to my '15 R/T 8.4" screen and my 8.4" screen in my '17 Jeep Cherokee (work beater).

get rid of the fluff . I dont need usb ports or some info center other then to access the radio and performance pages. Dont need heads up displays. Never saw it an inconvience to look at the speedometer. Dont electric power steering or traction control or a nurtured gas peddle. i dont need every high tech electronic gizmo that they can come up with. Dont need a computer to decide when i should be driving smarter or to modulate a gas peddle for me. Spend that money on MORE POWER. What id like to see is less weight! Ditch the heavy exhaust and replace it with a cat back like the aftermarket companys make. Make the block aluminum. More carbon fiber and less steel. I say leave the 5.7 in the lineup and up the scats to a 426 making 525-550 hp. They could even shrink it down a bit. I hear alot of guys brag because there back seat i usuable where a mustang and camaro's arent, SO WHAT. How many use there back seat everyday. I doubt mine will ever even get used. Make more things optional. If you want a info center have it on the option list. If you want power seats, windows door locks ect make them optional. Most of that crap is standard because it costs them 50 bucks to make some add on that cost you 500. Id like to see an entry level scat and hellcat thats stripped down sold cheaper and weighted less. Cars suppose to be a retro classic so lets get back to our roots. Id dont need hands free phone or a video game screen. Just a gas peddle and the music comming out of the back end. I can charge my phone at home and dont use it in my car when im driving anyway, IF big is what you want then buy a charger. While im on the charger how about a 2 door charger. It would look much better and still have a big back seat for passengers. guess im a bit to old school for the video generation.
A dealer would not order a car like what you describe even if it is legal to do away with "Hands Free". The demand for that car would be so small and if you ordered it that way, you would have to sign the title work before they would begin building it because if you back out they're going to be stuck with an unsellable car. Sure let's go one further, I don't want an HVAC system either, no heat, no A/C, no defroster, no wipers but, how legal is a car with no wipers? You know what, it gets hot sitting in the staging lanes, I can open my sun roof and let some heat out of my car. I see the guys running "Box Gamblers" yes they run an 1/8 mile in 5 seconds at 150 mph because they do not want to spend any more time in their cars.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts