Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone did any research on seeing if a Hellcat supercharger would fit a 5.7? I'm pretty sure that they'll start coming up for sale with low miles on them soon, and I had a thought.............
It would sure be a head turner for sure.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Has anyone did any research on seeing if a Hellcat supercharger would fit a 5.7? I'm pretty sure that they'll start coming up for sale with low miles on them soon, and I had a thought.............
It would sure be a head turner for sure.
Doesn't the HC SC use a mass air flow sensor? You would also need the pulley/drive belt set-up. It also would put out a lot of boost for a 5.7 so forged parts are a must.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't the HC SC use a mass air flow sensor? You would also need the pulley/drive belt set-up. It also would put out a lot of boost for a 5.7 so forged parts are a must.
I didn’t realize that it put out that much boost. But then too, that’s why I posted.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Ya don’t bother. They run 12 lbs of boost
The belt system is different all together. The inner cooler is specific ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya don’t bother. They run 12 lbs of boost
The belt system is different all together. The inner cooler is specific ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, doesn't sound like it's worth the effort. But damn! The shock value though.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Plus - you'd have to come up with a different way for putting oil into the engine.

5.7s have the oil filler passing through the 5.7 intake.

On Hellcats, the filler is in the valve cover (different design).

I suspect the head has a different bolt patter to accommodate the S/C and the oil fill port that's on 5.7s / 6.4s is omitted on HC heads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts