Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in a fully loaded
2015 scatpack with 32,500 miles. Priced at 35k

I'm not sure if its worth it or not. How much does a new one go for?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just picked my15 6M with 15,000 miles and paid $35k. Check cargurus out. They'll compare the price of the cars to market value. I was able to talk them down from 36,800 because of the other cars in the area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just picked my15 6M with 15,000 miles and paid $35k. Check cargurus out. They'll compare the price of the cars to market value. I was able to talk them down from 36,800 because of the other cars in the area.

Leather seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
How much is the new 2017? They unfortunately can be found for under $40k, great news for you, but bad news for those of us that already own one LOL

The dealer certainly gave the previous owner $30k or less for that trade in. Those seats are not OEM, they look like aftermarket Katzkin covers and to me just don't look quite right in the fit and finish dept. to me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
In my experience, I just have not had good luck with used performance cars. You can bet on two things:

1) The previous owner likely drove it as a muscle car

2) Theres a reason they are getting rid of it

Dealers are pretty good at getting a car to look and act good enough to get rid of it. Then you're screwed. I just bought my 2017 Scat Pack for 37k. I'd go with the new one.

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
If I ever bought used it would be from a Dodge dealer and they would certify in writing in the sales contract that the car has been checked for mods and a tune and restate again in writing that the full bumper to bumper and/or powertrain warranty remains in effect. Would be a nightmare to have an engine or other major issue and find out you have no warranty because of a previous mod or tune.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
For THIS type of car, I would buy new. It is worth the peace of mind to ME. I bought my SRT new in May of 2016 and it is perfect.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Like others have said...unless its really cheap the get new for piece of mind and value. Because of current discounts on new cars today 35k is way too much for that car now. Used hell kittys are starting to creep into the lower 50's now even...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Like Slidd said. If you buy used, make sure it is certified pre owned by Chrysler. It gives you a 7 year 100k powertrain warranty that begins from the original in service date. The one I bought was from the dealer that originally sold it and had done all the maintenance on it. Just do your research on it before you pull the trigger. Mine had an MSRP of 50k so i think i got a decent deal. It looks brand new and I am extremely picky about my vehicles.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If I ever bought used it would be from a Dodge dealer and they would certify in writing in the sales contract that the car has been checked for mods and a tune and restate again in writing that the full bumper to bumper and/or powertrain warranty remains in effect. Would be a nightmare to have an engine or other major issue and find out you have no warranty because of a previous mod or tune.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree, no way to know how that car was treated. hell i'd be lucky to get 36K for my loaded 2016 with 2500 miles on it right now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
9 days ago, I purchased a brand new '16 Scat Pack M6, Appearance Group, Leather group, Sound group II, driver convenience group, sunroof for $37k. 65 miles on it. I would keep shopping.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Price seems high for that mileage...I would keep shopping. BUT...if you are happy with the car and seems to have been taken care of - all service work done, no dings / dents / scratches in paint, interior is good; and is the right car for you...educate the person on what the car is really worth.

And around here seems like the car dealers always work off of KBB anymore for trade value.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Why settle for a Scat when you can get a 2015 SRT392 auto w/ adoptive cruise and adjustable suspension, killer brakes and HK stereo w 14k miles for 36 like I just did... Don't settle for less than you can get for your money.
Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why settle for a Scat when you can get a 2015 SRT392 auto w/ adoptive cruise and adjustable suspension, killer brakes and HK stereo w 14k miles for 36 like I just did... Don't settle for less than you can get for your money.
Gary

sounds like a good deal, i personally prefer manual transmission however. Theres multiple good deals currently for automatics around where i live. For some reason the manuals are priced higher :/

·
Registered
34 Posts
sounds like a good deal, i personally prefer manual transmission however. :/

For this type of car and if it's not your daily driver in a big city...manuals are much, much, much more fun!!! I was leaning toward an automatic till I drove a manual - forgot how much FUN to drive the manuals are.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts