Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm entirely new here and want to join the world as a challenger owner. I recently came across an online ad selling a 2010 SXT+. Sadly I only have about 17k to spend so I have to go with used. Essentially what it says is that it has the upgraded stereo system and a sunroof, and whatever the SXT+ trim comes with. It also has 107000km on it. The listing price is 18900 (Canadian Dollars) I was hoping to talk him down to 17 but im not sure what its even worth. I was just wondering if its worth buying or not. The pictures look sweet and I'm hoping to go see it tomorrow and possibly take it to my mechanic to check it out. The ad also said that it is still covered by the dodge warranty which is very nice.

Thank you very much, Izzy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Honestly, 18900 can is extremely good for the km it has. Around here with that low km you would be looking at around 21500 can. You might be able to get him to about 17500 - 17750 area but i'm pretty sure he is going to stay around the 18000 mark. Hey try him, start at around 16500 then more than likely he will drop to around 18000 then go 17000. He will more likely hold at 18000 then tell him you are not looking to put that much into it and start to back away, thank him for his time and slowly take a walk to the front of the car and then the other side and say 17250. It should get the ball rolling again and might be able to get him to 17500 or 17750 area. BUT make sure you are not really that interested when you get there and even less after he sticks on 18000, the slow walk and the one more shot offer. He has to keep you there to sell the car. If you are not that interested he has to work harder to keep your attention and to keep you there to sell. It works, i've done it all my life and with this trick i got almost 8000 can knocked off the 2013 sxt i have now. Worse thing that can happen is he sticks and won't budge then you are no worse off then you were before. Let me know how it turns out. :thumbsup:

Also if he goes 17750 area after you go 17250 then you counter with " I'll go 17500 and let you take it for one last spin". lol To some people that last drive is worth it. It works, try it

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Challengers do have a very good resale value, 20% to 30% more than say the same initial cost Mustang or Camaro, as the general public knows which is a better car.... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have to disagree about the resale value. I looked up 2013s the other day to see what my car will likely be worth several months from now and the trade-in was in the upper teens and private party value was about $22K. That's a major blow to the value of the car in just 12 months time.

If you start looking at 3-4 year old SE and SXT models the values are considerably lower. I'm talking U.S. dollars here by the way. I'm actually a little disappointed in the resale value...but I guess it's understandable since Dodge has built these cars with almost no updates for almost seven years now.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I have to disagree about the resale value. I looked up 2013s the other day to see what my car will likely be worth several months from now and the trade-in was in the upper teens and private party value was about $22K. That's a major blow to the value of the car in just 12 months time.

If you start looking at 3-4 year old SE and SXT models the values are considerably lower. I'm talking U.S. dollars here by the way. I'm actually a little disappointed in the resale value...but I guess it's understandable since Dodge has built these cars with almost no updates for almost seven years now.
What did you pay for yours again? I thought you bought it really cheap...like lower $20's, so in that case, isn't your Challenger holding its value well?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

Isn't yours a base car? How much did you pay for it? Per NADA, 7 months and 8K miles later, mines worth 900 more than I bought it new for. I'll take that.

·
Registered
305 Posts

I guess it depends on what packages you get.
For example, I've noticed that barebones challengers and fully loaded challengers don't differ much in resale price. That includes the 2k for leather, 1.5k for chrome clads, 1k for nav, 1k for sunroof. When I was looking for a challenger, there were fully loaded SXTs for 23-24k and bare bones SXTs for 22-23k. That's probably where the hardest hit comes from.

Also, it depends on what you paid.
I bought mine two months ago (barebones 2012 BSP SXT w/ 12.8k miles) for 20.5k w/ tax, but my cousin paid 24k+tax for a new 2013 black barebones SXT. That's not too much of a hit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just KBB mine the other day and trade in is around 18-19k and privet party is 21.5-22.5k. It is a 2012 Base SXT with 27xxx miles and I only owe 20k so I might be looking to get in to something new is price is right on trade in.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,502 Posts
Lower than expected resale values on the non-xRTs could be due to their inclusion in the rental fleets of the last couple years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts