Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard about this event over the past few years, but have never gone. I've been trying to register for it on the website, but they haven't updated it since the 2018 event; the Eventbrite page defaults to the 2018 registration, saying it's closed.

The LX & Beyond FB page references the Hemifest page, which in turn simply states: "Stay tuned for information". Supposedly there is a "host hotel", but no information is posted, and it's only 3 months away.

Since the even is being held at the Summit Motorsports Park, I went to that venue's website; there they advertise an event the same weekend as the "7th Annual Monster Mopar Weekend". The registration is open for both the racing and the judged car show on Summit's website.

My concern is if I register through Summit, will that be recognized by the "LX & Beyond" organizers? My other concern is that the hotels in the area are filling up fast (due in large part to proximity to Cedar Point).

I've heard good things about this event, but I've also heard stories of disorganization and a lack of continuity between the event and the venue; my observations and concerns (above) seem to bear these out.

Is it worth going to as a participant? Any tips or suggestions from veteran participants?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am the organizer for LX & Beyond Nationals and would be happy to answer your questions. Not sure where you are getting your info but no better source than the actual organizer. We open registration 3 months prior to the event which would be on Friday, April 26. Over the winter we negotiated an opportunity to bring the event to the best 1/4 mile racing surface in the State and looking forward to a 3-day weekend instead of only 2 in the past.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not worth it. I reserved a hotel for two nights last year and drove 150 miles only to find no event. He cancelled it without any notification. I checked his website prior to leaving. No indication.
I had gone to it twice over the past few years, but never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
479 Posts
Not worth it. I reserved a hotel for two nights last year and drove 150 miles only to find no event. He cancelled it without any notification. I checked his website prior to leaving. No indication.
I had gone to it twice over the past few years, but never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I recall correctly you did not pre-register so there was absolutely no way to notify you personally. It was cancelled days prior and updated on the website and all social media that it would be postponed. It rained non-stop from Friday-Sunday with no signs of stopping. Not sure why anyone would think that an event held completely outdoors was going to happen in those conditions. There are things we have no problem taking responsibility for but reading your mind and knowing you were attending without any registration is not one of them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Is this at National Trails or Norwalk?

·
Administrator
8,918 Posts
I attended Monster Mopar/HemiFest last year at Summit it was well run and there were 2 shows going during the event. well organized and a great venue. LX and Beyond will be a good fit with this venue. IMHO :grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts