Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In its stock condition, my '14 R/T Classic 6 speed manual already requires 91 octane. Would a canned tune like one from Diablo's intune DCX be worth it???? Would it make a notable difference? I have a corsa extreme exhaust on the car, that's all I've done to it (it has 1000 miles on it).

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Yes

In its stock condition, my '14 R/T Classic 6 speed manual already requires 91 octane. Would a canned tune like one from Diablo's intune DCX be worth it???? Would it make a notable difference? I have a corsa extreme exhaust on the car, that's all I've done to it (it has 1000 miles on it).
A small power bump
Better throttle response
You can use that tuner to make adjustments to future mods...which will be worthless without a tuner.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much is small? The only other thing I might possibly do to the car is a drop in filter. That's about all I'll probably ever do to the car.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Maybe 5-15 HP

How much is small? The only other thing I might possibly do to the car is a drop in filter. That's about all I'll probably ever do to the car.
But the car will react faster off the line. People pay BIG $$$ for 10 HP. The cars already have good exhausts, intakes, etc. I don't need to twist your arm. If you want a good daily driver...keep it stock. Many of us here want more...and will take every bit that we can possibly get.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Trainmaster-

Based on your comments, and since you don't seem interested in further modifying your Challenger for power/performance much, as it's a weekend cruiser only, a tuner is worth the $$$ for you only if you feel you would appreciate better throttle response and maybe a few horses. I get the sense that maybe it's not in the cards for you.

I'm not big into major mods, but my Challenger is my daily driver and I love the idea of optimizing its driveability and performance. I'm not in a rush to buy a tuner, but it's definitely in the cards for me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have a 14 R/T 6 speed as well. I put a custom tune in it from Johan and it was worth it to me. Much better throttle response, raised the rev limit, got rid of the skip shift. Noticeable difference for sure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
If you want your 6 speed to stop falling on its face during shifts, then the tuner is worth it. I also have a custom Tune from Johan on my 2014.

The driveability difference is amazing. The power difference isn't huge, but there is a few horsepower there.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car still skip shifts even with the tune from Diablo Mike, and I've tried both the 91 and Diablo (93 tube). I've done multiple 0-60 runs, and the stock tune (which requires 91 octane cause it's the 6 speed), gives me the best times. It feels more torquey overall. So, for now I have "restored" the stock tune. I'll purchase the skip shift eliminator to take care of that RIDICULOUS issue.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had the same issue with skip shift on my '14 6speed after I bought my Intune last week. Call diablo sport and let them know they can fix it. they did for me. You may have to email them a data log of your tune

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
your R/T requires 89 oct fuel not 91 oct unless you already have a tune.If you buy a diablo sport tuner and get an email tune for it you will see a noticeable increase in performance. I would buy the tuner from HEMIFEVER because it comes with an email tune free when you buy the trinity not sure if its free if you buy the intune. The tune alone is $125 if you already have the tuner.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
6-speed R/T's require 91 octane.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yup. I believe they (the 6-Speeds) are also rated at 385 vs 375 bhp (the Autos). Could be BS. I read it somewhere.

But, that's why I started the thread, I knew the 6-speeds already required 91, so I was wondering if it was worth it. I'm regretting my purchase. That was a lot of money wasted. .....Sigh Lesson learned.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yup. I believe they (the 6-Speeds) are also rated at 385 vs 375 bhp (the Autos). Could be BS. I read it somewhere.

But, that's why I started the thread, I knew the 6-speeds already required 91, so I was wondering if it was worth it. I'm regretting my purchase. That was a lot of money wasted. .....Sigh Lesson learned.
I can't understand why anyone would call money spent on a tuner as "wasted". The canned Diablo tune is proven to make more power and gives you ability to tune for future mods. An email tune from hf or Johan would make a noticeable difference as well.

I am highly suspect of the Diablo tune making your car slower.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts