Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy of mine has an 09 srt8, at wot the rt bank will start misfire.the longer you are in it the worse and faster it counts .it has been to 5 shops,the coils,plugs,injectors,pcm,02 sensors have been replaced.the fuel pressure is in spec,leaning toward mechanical but not sure , dont want to guess ,it has been done enough .any info would be appreciated . thanks..

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Is it throwing a cam sensor code ? or any code ?
Shop should of done a leak down test on the motor. Does it have a rough idle ?
FlatTop

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it throws a bank 2 closed loop fueling not achieved code and the misfire codes.the plugs looked fuel fouled but the electrodes are there ,i have yet to do a leakdown test .it idles and drives normal,it only acts up at wot.i have seen cam lobe issues on the ram trucks .

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
If the cam or other mechanical problem is at fault odd that its all the cylinders on the that bank are miss-firing at higher rpm's, that would have to mean all 4 cylinder lobes, valves and so on have a problem, maybe but not so much...by the way you are describing the problem. Guess you could check by pulling the valve cover off and inspecting the lobes.

Does he have any mods or turners on the vehicle, I am guessing not?

By the sounds of it do you or your friend have a scanner or tool capable of watching the "miss-fire counters"? If so can it watch the fuel adaptive's on that bank while its miss-firing, both long and short term?

The reason I ask is there is a lot of information there if you know how to read it, meaning are the fault's thrown valid or just a result of something else not fault driven.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts