Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I delete the mid mufflers on my 18 5.7 with the active exhaust will it interfere with it? To my knowledge the valve actuators are near the end of the system by the resonators, far after the mid mufflers, any advice?

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts
It won't affect the operation of the valves if that's what you mean? They will still operate as before, your sound will of course change ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
It will affect your warranty though, if your valves fail which quite a few have done, the dealer will likely deny coverage with a muffler delete.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
469 Posts
To my knowledge the valve actuators are near the end of the system by the resonators, far after the mid mufflers, any advice?
The valves are near the mid mufflers, not at the rear resonators. You need to crawl up under the car and look for yourself.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My calves
It will affect your warranty though, if your valves fail which quite a few have done, the dealer will likely deny coverage with a muffler delete.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
My valves have already failed and been replaced twice now, and the newest set have already failed again so I’m no longer worried about the problem as it seems bound to happen again. They still operate, just with a horrendous rattling noise when either cold or when they’re in the closed position.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sorry to hear your having so many exhaust valve failures.
By chance, do you know just what is failing? Spring, actuator, pivot pin?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the Mid-Muffler delete on my 2019 scat and on occasion you can hear the metallic rattling noise that everyone else has been experiencing, but only on occasion. I'm still happy with my decision!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
WHIPNRIP
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing