Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if it would work, I like the looks of the new chin spoiler, and How hard would it be to get one?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
^^^Really? Why not? I was thinking of getting one for my 09SRT

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Brampton builder said the 2011 front chin spoiler will not work on the 2010 because the screw holes do not line up with the front fascia (although very, very close).

In order to do this mod, you would have to get the front fascia as well.

Depending on the cost, maybe there might be some retapping of screw holes and such to see if this works prior to ordering a whole new front fascia. Even so, maybe I'll go take a picture of the 2011s screw hole positions just to check it out.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
New holes should be no big deal. I'm sure with a dremel and some patience and we can get it to fit

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
^^^Really? Why not? I was thinking of getting one for my 09SRT
Quote: Originally Posted by rayzazoo05
Why did the 392 Challenger receive a different front chin spoiler and what added benefit does this do compared to a 2010 SRT8 Challenger chin spoiler? Will a 2010 SRT8 be able to utilize this new part or will the front fascia also have to be replaced?

Thanks a bunch and will always remember the SRT driving experience!

SRT Engineers
The new front fascia integrated spats into the fascia to give a more pronounced front end. The new part chin spoiler matches profile to the old fascia, but it will not work since the attachments are different location and size (however close)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would like to know a little more about this also. If its just holes that are the real different between the 2, no big deal at all. But if the clips at the top of the lip are different, that could cause a problem.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Seems like a very simple mod to me. I will do mine in the Spring and give the Mrs. SE the SRT from mine.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Trying not hijack this thread but someone inquired earlier as to why Dodge went to all the trouble of doing this? There was a video on here somewhere where a SRT8 owner is seen blasting his car repeatedly on a mile long airplane landing strip. He was reaching speeds upwards of 160mph+ with each pass. He finally comes back in and the whole front chin spoiler had been sheared off as a result of his repeatedly high mph speed driving. Dodge engineers also had this problem when running very similar tests on there SRT8 test mules as well. So they devised a better higher speed air flowing front chin spoiler to go on the 2011 SRT8's. Heck they were changing lots of other things on the car so they decided to add one more to the list as well. Rest assured you wont have this same problem unless of course you routinely drive your Challenger up past the 160mph mark. Your original front spoiler can & should perform admirably otherwise.
Now I'm not sure if I see the inherent wisdom of Dodge going to all the trouble of changing the locations of the mounting holes on the lower front ends of these car but what do I know?
I thought y'all might appreciate the 411 I saw regarding all of this and now back to the topic at hand: "Will the 2011 SRT8 front spoiler work on a 08-10 Challenger?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Trying not hijack this thread but someone inquired earlier as to why Dodge went to all the trouble of doing this? There was a video on here somewhere where a SRT8 owner is seen blasting his car repeatedly on a mile long airplane landing strip. He was reaching speeds upwards of 160mph+ with each pass. He finally comes back in and the whole front chin spoiler had been sheared off as a result of his repeatedly high mph speed driving. Dodge engineers also had this problem when running very similar tests on there SRT8 test mules as well. So they devised a better higher speed air flowing front chin spoiler to go on the 2011 SRT8's. Heck they were changing lots of other things on the car so they decided to add one more to the list as well. Rest assured you wont have this same problem unless of course you routinely drive your Challenger up past the 160mph mark. Your original front spoiler can & should perform admirably otherwise.
Now I'm not sure if I see the inherent wisdom of Dodge going to all the trouble of changing the locations of the mounting holes on the lower front ends of these car but what do I know?
I thought y'all might appreciate the 411 I saw regarding all of this and now back to the topic at hand: "Will the 2011 SRT8 front spoiler work on a 08-10 Challenger?
You are correct. I read the same .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
similar thing happened to me to switch out ground effects from a '92 Z-28 into a '89 (Areo)the holes just didn't line up but I made it work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts