Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For whatever reasons you might have, would you do this deal? If so/not why?

I have:

2010 R/T 6spd w/track pak, Hurst shifter, DCX tune, AFE Stage II CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, Eibach pro kit (no nav or sunroof) trade it in for 28k and get

2011 GWE SRT8 w/nav, sunroof, GWE package, SRT Option Grp II, 6spd for 45.7k

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

-Bus

·
Registered
892 Posts
That sounds pretty good. I can get a new 2011 rt classic loaded 6spd for $33,400.
Tell them you want your Hurst shifter. But sounds good.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Does not sound like a deal too me.
Check out the prices on ebay and $45.7 is kinda high,,,prices will be droping
soon since the 2012s will be coming out...........................JQ

·
Registered
123 Posts
For whatever reasons you might have, would you do this deal? If so/not why?

I have:

2010 R/T 6spd w/track pak, Hurst shifter, DCX tune, AFE Stage II CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, Eibach pro kit (no nav or sunroof) trade it in for 28k and get

2011 GWE SRT8 w/nav, sunroof, GEW package, SRT Option Grp II, 6spd for 45.7k

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

-Bus
The older get the more spoiled and lazy I am. I wouldn't buy a challenger that did not have a NAV. Oddly if the NAV that game with the Challenger was crap I wouldn't care if I had it. But, it has really become one of the selling points too me:pimp:

·
Registered
123 Posts
That sounds pretty good. I can get a new 2011 rt classic loaded 6spd for $33,400.
Tell them you want your Hurst shifter. But sounds good.
My dealer in California quoted me 38000 for a loaded RT Classic (43k after taxes) where are you finding one for 33.5k

·
Registered
183 Posts
$18,000 is a LOT of money.

Take the money that you would spend on that $18K and put it into a savings account for the rumored supercharged 392. If the stock market takes another tumble (I'm betting it does), invest in the safer index funds and collect a nice profit.

Then take that money, trade in your R/T and get the better Challenger.

In the meantime, just enjoy your R/T.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My dealer in California quoted me 38000 for a loaded RT Classic (43k after taxes) where are you finding one for 33.5k
There was a 392 in LA for $42K last week. 2,000 miles. Unfortunately for those in Kalifornistan, I think you pay sales tax on private party purchases too.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I did the same exact thing few weeks ago but paid 50 they were automatics fully loaded though. All other dealer on the west coast seem to be selling them for a 10k markup.

My DWB classic I got offers from 26.5 to 28k

IMO the gwe wont last as a holdout color like other ones might. Really really sharp car.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I think the price on the GWE is good but would ask for another 1k on the trade. The more you get for the trade the less you pay on taxes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased a loaded 2011 Toxic Orange RT Classic from Steve White Motors in NC. They delivered it to me in Alabama for $30,009 OTD, MSRP was 35763.00

Plenty of good deals out there, you just have to look.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
You shouldn't look at it from the cash difference point of view since you have two dilemmas. First, you should look at the GWE as if you have no car and ask yourself, do I want to spend $45.7k on this automobile? If the answer is yes, then go on to the next one. What did I spend on my 2010 R/T and was it worth X amount of $$ for the X months that I owned it? If you can be satisfied with $28k, then you have satisfied your second problem. I guess there are three questions. What kind of cash do you have? Do you owe less than the $28k? If so, you can roll your old car into your new one. So, it all boils down to this, can you afford it? You know you will be happier with the 392 if you have the opportunity to use it.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Go with your gut. IMHO a move to a 392 SRT8 and the fact that they may never offer GWE again, provided you really like it, make it a no brainer if you can afford it. I'd also recommend a sanity check from Car Max on trade value and think I would take the shifter out and reuse it in the SRT8. Most dealers don't care about mods when they take a trade. Worst case you could resell the shifter and put money back in your pocket. Good luck with whatever you decide!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
They are giving you 28K for your trade in? Where do I sign? My 2010 car has 2,500 miles on it and is barely worth 26K to the last two dealers who looked at it. Mine is the R/T Classic.
Want to make yourself feel better? Go on Autotrader.com and do a search for 2010 R/T's. Sort by price, low to high, and scroll down till you find a Classic.

Better yet I've done it for you, just last night. National search, cheapest R/T Classic was $29K+. Don't know what you paid for yours but I paid $30.5K. Those prices made me very happy.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Want to make yourself feel better? Go on Autotrader.com and do a search for 2010 R/T's. Sort by price, low to high, and scroll down till you find a Classic.

Better yet I've done it for you, just last night. National search, cheapest R/T Classic was $29K+. Don't know what you paid for yours but I paid $30.5K. Those prices made me very happy.
The real datapoint is not what they are listed for, but what they SELL for.

I tried to sell my 09 R/T last year, custom paint job etc... wanted 28K - no takers...Not even a nibble.

Trade in gave me $28,500... Same price I paid new for it (didn't get any money for my mods.. which was fine).

So, while it's nice to see those values being listed as asking price, what is important is the selling price.

I think $28K is a decent offer.

Mike

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
When I got mine there was another classic rt for 33,995$ with 2,500mi. I got mine for 25,000$ with 8,000mi

Might not be able to get the gwe later so if the color means that much then do it. If it's just paint then I'm sure 18,000$ is not worth it.

Take 3,000$ and paint your car whatever color you want.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The real datapoint is not what they are listed for, but what they SELL for.

I tried to sell my 09 R/T last year, custom paint job etc... wanted 28K - no takers...Not even a nibble.

Trade in gave me $28,500... Same price I paid new for it (didn't get any money for my mods.. which was fine).

So, while it's nice to see those values being listed as asking price, what is important is the selling price.

I think $28K is a decent offer.

Mike
$28K would be a decent offer if he was able to buy the 392 at invoice. He's not.

It's all "where's the peanut" game. Dealers can pad a trade and make you feel good on that end while they throw it to you on the retail side, which is what they're doing to the OP.

·
Banned
811 Posts
That's why it's better to sell to Carmax, provided they can give you a decent deal. Then you can work with the dealer on the new car price on your own terms.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.