Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered an '05 big wheel stocker SRT-4 with lots of other mods and 80k miles for my 87 IROC-Z cammed 350 TPI with 64K miles. lately the camaros been a money pit and had more down time than up. I need something that I can still have fun with but is a bit more reliable. I don't mind fixing the occasional problem. The SRT is definitely faster, gets better mpg, and has an airbag.. lol. Would you take this trade if their were no major problems with the SRT?
Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I've been offered an '05 big wheel stocker SRT-4 with lots of other mods and 80k miles for my 87 IROC-Z cammed 350 TPI with 64K miles. lately the camaros been a money pit and had more down time than up. I need something that I can still have fun with but is a bit more reliable. I don't mind fixing the occasional problem. The SRT is definitely faster, gets better mpg, and has an airbag.. lol. Would you take this trade if their were no major problems with the SRT?
Thanks.

I wouldn't. I'm not a fan of front wheel drive performance cars. They have a tendency to have bad torque steer, especially if you are making a lot of power. The SRT4 may be fast and all, but it's still a Neon. For me, it's too small and puny. I'd rather have a larger car with a V8.

It's all preference though, you should drive the SRT4 and see what you think, after all YOU are going to be the one driving it.

I have a soft spot for those old IROC Camaros. :browsmiley:

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the camaro but atm it's just not smart for me to keep it, the SRT is pretty damn fast and I already have my R/T for a v8 muscle car. Having 2 is fun but like I said the camaro is down more than it's running.
I won't be drag racing it or anything, there is no traction in 1st or 2nd and slicks would snap the axles. It would just be a fun Daily.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I love the camaro but atm it's just not smart for me to keep it, the SRT is pretty damn fast and I already have my R/T for a v8 muscle car. Having 2 is fun but like I said the camaro is down more than it's running.
I won't be drag racing it or anything, there is no traction in 1st or 2nd and slicks would snap the axles. It would just be a fun Daily.
LOL I just totally forgot you already have a Challenger, so you get your fix of V8 fun. Yeah if you like the Srt4 it would be fast, reliable (if well maintained) and will give you much better MPGs.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would! better driveablilty alot of fun to drive and that sound of that Turbo spooling! cant beat it. I had a Caliber srt4 before my challenger 392 and I would be lieing if I said I didnt miss it from time to time. Of course im glad to have my Challenger but I would love to have both.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I wouldn't, I just pull the 305 and build a single turbo LM7 or LQ4

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have money to put in the camaro, that's why im considering the trade, and it has a 350.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I loved my SRT-4, and wish I still had it.... they are a blast to drive!!! The only thing you have to be careful of is that I've seen a lot of SRT-4's that were just beat to death by some rich punk kid whose daddy has lots of money.... it's tough to find a good one nowadays (at least around where I live anyways).

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm probably going to take the deal cause I want another mopar... I know 3rd gear in the srt4 can be and issue but I believe the car has thr extenders in place.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
In less than a second. The SRT-4 will be a better car in every conceivable way, will be better at literally everything, and they are unbelievably fun cars to drive.
Totally agree. I'd definitely make that trade. The IROC will never be worth much monetarily, don't know if the SRT4 will either, but they made a whole lot less of them. And as Hoskins just stated, the SRT4 is a better car in every way imaginable. Guarantee you, that little car will bring more smiles to your face than driving a 350 TP IROC ever could. And as far as Torque Steer, that can actually be pretty fun

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Totally agree. I'd definitely make that trade. The IROC will never be worth much monetarily, don't know if the SRT4 will either, but they made a whole lot less of them. And as Hoskins just stated, the SRT4 is a better car in every way imaginable. Guarantee you, that little car will bring more smiles to your face than driving a 350 TP IROC ever could. And as far as Torque Steer, that can actually be pretty fun
:bigthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts