Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love the looks and lines of the Spyder and it is a true exotic sports car that nearly every reviewer just loved for the pure driving experience.

The Spyder is LIGHT at just under 2500 lbs. It puts out 238 HP but runs a 4.1 0-60 and top speed of 160mph. Handles like a dream.

Can get service and warranty work at dealer nearby.

Surprisingly the MPG are better and it is HALF the cost to insure as the HC.

Don't need to tell everyone here the virtues of a HC.

Would you trade and why or why not?

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
My question to you would be. Have you driven it? Also what is your personal life situation? I.E is your Hellcat your daily, or is it only a fair-weather car.

MPG's shouldnt matter at all. The Alfa is a good looking car, however I've been in them and I just don't like it. Too freaking small, and the other thing that really gets me is that front hood doesnt even come up, so you really have no storage at all.

If I was going to even consider an Alfa, Id look at the Julia Quadrafoglio (sp) That thing sounds mean as hell and looks pretty good.

Instead of the Alfa, I'd sooner look at a Lotus Elise S/C if i had it my way. If you want a car that literally rides on rails and will get you there in a hurry, but be brutally connected to the road, that is the car to have.

The HC is not going to compare to that feeling in either the Alfa or the Lotus. Again it all depends on what you really want.

Another contender that would be a good middle-ground, although probably a sacrosanct topic, The new ZL-1 or possibly Z28 Should be freaking awesome (They are supposedly putting the 7.0L in the Z/28. All depends on how its outfitted though.

·
Super Moderator
15,378 Posts
My cautionary advice is - if you decide to sell it down the road...

The sales of the Alfa 4C in the states is pretty much non-existent. All one has to do is look at the sales records from FCA since these models came out.

Between the selling price and some of the functional limitations (no storage for luggage, for example) - the market for this model is very, very limited. The coupe version was running $55 - 57K and I presume the roadster version is more yet.

Maybe 20 plus years down the road, there may be appreciation of these models by buyers, but today...its a curiosity in the the market and many are collecting dust on dealer lots.

The old adage of "if was popular as new, its popular in the future" may apply to this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want my muscle car, don't want some euro thing.

To answer the question directly, if I had a Hellcat, no.
Trade my 2013 Challenger R/T, no.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Buying an extremely small lightweight high performance car vs the Hellcat:

I have a Mercedes SLK350 sitting in my driveway. It was my attempt to scratch my Challenger itch... before I bought the SRT. Granted, it's not a Spyder. But it is a (used) 50+ thousand dollar high performance European sports car. 2 seats, big power, giant brakes, wonderful handling, etc. It will be going up for sale shortly.

My new ride? SRT392: not a Helcat, I get that, but many similarities.

Comparing my two cars -- at least for me personally:
I love the room in my Challenger, I don't feel claustrophobic. I love being able to get in and out of it without using a shoehorn. I love having a large glovebox and 4 cup holders. I love the 18 speaker stereo, the backup camera, and the three way adjustable suspension. I love the trunk. I NEED a real trunk. I love the quiet. The Challenger has no squeaks, and is well insulated from wind and road noise. I love the sound of that HEMI. It's like a drug compared to the V6 in my Mercedes. I like the size of the Challenger: it's a large car. It has a certain presence about it. I love those ventilated seats and that killer air conditioner. The Mercedes is extremely quick. But I have to rev that little engine to make it happen. Not so in the Challenger. Love the low end torque. The MB trannie is a joke compared to that slick shifting 8 speed in the Challenger: in a league all it's own. Not to mention the way it looks. Nothing looks like a Challenger, period. I'm 17 again, cruising the parking lot of Waterford Kettering High School in the muscle car I always wanted but never could afford. And no European go cart can do that for me. If ya think I'm deluded, then let me be. I'm living the dream so don't wake me.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
no.no.no.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Like others have said it's a matter of lifestyle. As a daily? No. Would I sell a HC for it? NO! Weekend car? MAYBE but that's as long as they don't crash down the reliability scale (which it will, it's a Fiat). Although it's old technology, I would spend my money on an S2000 were I in the market for a car like that. It's not the performer that the Alfa is but I wouldn't care if it meant I spent more time driving it than taking it to the dealer. Oh, and while I'm at it, it's no surprise that the Alfa handles really well when Mazda did all the work and based it off of the Miata (assuming you're talking about the 124 Spider). It's got a good recipe but I don't have any faith in the Fiat powertrain. If the tables turn though, and the car becomes an overnight success I may change my tune but I'd still wait and see how the longterm reviews are with consumers before I made any decisions with my wallet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As nice as Alfa's are I couldn't part with my RT to one of them. They may handle better and corner like you're on rails. There is nothing out there like Mopar. Our cars stand out from the masses of other cars. Without badges on them, you can't tell the difference between Ford and Toyotas. A Challenger or a Charger drives by you know what they are.

Mopar or No Car, Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Sure - right after my transgender operation was over.
I recommend keeping the Challenger after the operation. If you want to attract the attention of single men a tall woman with a pony tail in a MOPAR ball cap and tight MOPAR tee shirt driving a Challenger would get much more attention than the Alfa. Here are a few examples. And no I would not trade my Challenger for a sports car.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts