Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we all know everyone wants to be the first on their block with a brand new Challenger. But I've been thinking, it wasn't until several months after the Charger came out that we got the Daytona's and SRT-8's. In fact all LX srt's came a couple of months after the original's first came out. So who here is going to wait a couple of month's for special edition Challengers. I think i'll wait for the SRT-8 or whatever special edition they come out with.

p.s. hell even the srt-8 special edition isnt coming out until now (superbee)

·
Registered
28 Posts
:confused: Dang, it's already hard enough just to wait for a confirmation that DCX will build it...

In my case the answer is yes. I would wait for the "El Supremo" edition. :D

I just hope it's not too long.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would definately wait it out for the SRT-8 version, or whatever the version will have the biggest engine with the 6 speed. It'll be tough, but I'm sure frequent visits to the dealership to stare at the ones available (maybe a test drive or two as well) will help to put me at ease.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not surprising that everyone so far would wait. Me too. I want the 6.4L bad and would hold out. Like someone has said, it's been 30 years, what's another few months?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Depends on what the special edition is.

If I gotta wait five years for plum crazy or sublime, I'd do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
May hold out to see if they do a limited edition like they did on the Daytona's. That would be sweet to have 2 limited edition really cool cars in our yard....................:)

Will hold out for Plum Crazy!!!!:eek: That is the ultimate color choice.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I want a minimum of a 6.1. Not sure I would even get a 6.4 if it were available. Will I wait? Well it depends on how long, how much $ and the current car market. (IE comparable models)

·
Registered
4 Posts
"If I gotta wait five years for plum crazy or sublime, I'd do it."

Same here!
I'll wait for the one I want, and for it to at least be selling for sticker, would never pay over just to be the first one on the block. I have waited this long for DCX to come back around and will wait some more. Besides it would cause me to sell my SRT10 pickup to get it and that truck is great for now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
DCX if you're reading this it looks like a lot of folks are going to wait for the 392. You might as well stuff it in immediately instead of waiting for years, it'll really boost your bottom line. Of course, you can always produce a new 426 hemi in a few years and hook all the suckers who bought the 392! :eek::D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I dont think i will have the patience... At long last I will get back to the first car I owned ;o) I learned to drive in a 67 cuda convertible... the first car I laid money out for was a 73 Challenger... Ever since i found this concept I have been obsessing a bit . Wife has been coming up with a towel while i have been on the computer and wiping my chin with a towel... , drool drool,We both roll over laughing. I have been backgrounding Photos on my screen for the past two weeks.

T
0 Posts
Dodge needs to release this in the Special Edition Models first, then start offering the lower priced economy models. Just start out with the 6.4L 6speed SRT-8 or T/A or SuperBee, then offer the R/T, and V6 models later.

IMO
I will also wait for the Special Edition models, don't want to be caught up in the no equity game when they finally decide to release it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm gonna buy when I'm ready. So if there is a special edition one out there I like then I'll buy it; but I'm not going to play that game of hoping for something really cool just to get some stickers and interior trinkets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would wait for my local dealers to have a sufficient stock of 6.1, 6-speeds in order to get the right color, options, and a fair price. If they do offer a 6.4 it will probably be in limited numbers and cost too much to purchase, too much to register, and too much to insure.

I'll "soup it up" at my lesure--425hp, 420lb/ft torque is a pretty good starting point!

·
Banned
95 Posts
I will grab the 6.1 and be happy as pie w/that. Hell if the 6.4 comes along that will go into garage slot #4, I have 4 so no biggie. I will have my M3,M5,Challenger 6.1, Challenger 6.4. Not a bad fleet really. The FX45 can go directly to the bottom of the nearest lake.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts