Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
God...I don't think I can wait. I've been without my "own" car for almost 7 years. I was close to buying the charger, but thankfully I waited!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Spock - "If the company's goal is a muscle car. And it is produced to yield better results than the competitor's muscle car, then it is logical to build it without compromise with the 6.4L engine."

·
Registered
14 Posts
If there will be a T/A version slotted between the R/T and the SRT-8, then I will wait. If not, I'll buy the R/T.

·
Registered
748 Posts
A plain jane 350HP Challenger will be just alright with me. I don't need anything more.

As for having the 1st on my block - I would never buy a 1st year car. So I'll be happy to wait a bit. Besides, I plan on buying a Solstice GXP next year for weekend duty and travel. I probably won't be in the market for a Challenger until 2010 at the earliest, so I am in no hurry at all.

Sure I would like the monster motor, but only in my dreams. The Challenger will be the daily driver, so it has to be fairly livable - acceptable fuel mileage and reasonable insurance. Sure would be nice to have the money to drive the fastest Challenger.

I'll always be a little bit envious of those who do.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If there would be an ACR or lightweight AWD model coming later, I'd wait but that's it! The trans would the Manumatic and it would be as close to black as offered so those shouldn't delay anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price is always a sticking point with me, with 5 chilluns to feed----I would wait for the mid-model year limited editions (like the charger daytona) but not too long. Powertrain is gonna be pretty much proven on the LX platform (except for the six speed) so unless they build the 6.4, nothing really new is gonna be happening. I DO hope they put MDS on the 6.1 though!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
What will be interesting is what models they will bring out to start with. If the sendout is like the charger, 300c, magnum..then I will wait for the SRT8 version. It will also be interesting to see if they bring out the 392CID motor as an option. If they do then it is mine...shouldn't be that much of an increase in price as it would only be 75 more ponies. Provided it is 500hp that is.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts