Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reactions: beesmiff07

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Great Price.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
That shows that those cars are such pieces of shit that they can't give them away.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Or was this dealer price gouging and it ended up biting him?

Probably true. I remember when the New "T" Bird came out closely resembling
the 57's. Dealer gouging put that car back in its grave.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know about price gouging but for 45k it's a little weak in the power dept. Maybe a tune, cold air intake, and a cat back exhaust might help instead of all the flash. I thought Saleen was a perf brand ? But then again, I've always heard of Saleen but frankly don't know much about them.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
It's just ugly. They ruined it and want more $??? That Saleen gimmick works on Mustangs, but apparently not Challengers... At least on most Mustangs they add a lot of power to make the $ worth it, but that does not seem to be the case here.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
1,552 Posts
My first 'fun car' purchase was a 2001 Mustang Saleen S281. I was young and I regretted not doing my homework beforehand. I was wow'd by the flashy Saleen looks (and I still like Saleen Mustang appearance packages), and the loud throaty exhaust.

But, waaaay too expensive for the performance. They were $36K new (a lot back then) and getting smoked by Z28's, SS's and Cobras that cost thousands less.

Even with a 20K discount I would much rather have a 392 for the same price. PS, is this version even blown? I don't see it in the options, and if not it isn't even in the same class a 392.

IMO aftermarket name-brand tuners generally aren't worth the added cost.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I looked it up to see if it was blown. From what I found it is. Not sure why they didn't include it in the description. If so, it was a 65k car new. Perhaps they added an appearance only package.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
1,552 Posts
I looked it up to see if it was blown. From what I found it is. Not sure why they didn't include it in the description. If so, it was a 65k car new. Perhaps they added an appearance only package.
Saleen has 3 stages just like Roush, only they call them "White, Yellow and Black Label."

Saleen 570 Challenger

At first I thought the 570 decal was supposed to denote the 5.7 liter engine, as in 5.70 liters (which I know would be strange). But it turns out to be Saleen's claim to be 570 horsepower, supercharged.

If anyone is considering buying this, *always* call Saleen and verify the Vin#. There's a lot of fakes and clones.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
The 570 White Label is a naturally aspirated 5.7, but it still comes with the 570 decals. The White Label comes with appearance, braking and suspension upgrades, and they claim 400hp.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Can't a dealer order the Saleen kit and bolt everything on plus some decals? Seems to me I know of at one of those out there.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I always thought the Saleen bodykit was ugly, except for the spoiler. I like the rear bumper also but the fact that it has "Saleen" stamped on the back turns me off.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The link says 372hp. I don't think it's supercharged. I would think it would scream SUPERCHARGED all over the add if it was.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
1,552 Posts
The link says 372hp. I don't think it's supercharged. I would think it would scream SUPERCHARGED all over the add if it was.

Even the base (White Label) Saleen Challenger is rated at 400 horsepower. It looks to me like this dealership doesn't normally deal with Saleen. I bet the car is NOT really "new", they got it on a trade-in, and they have no idea what they actually have.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts